Chapter 14: The Silhouette of a Girl

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?

Those were the harmonious words that swept me awake as the morning light slowly crawled into my iris, compelling me to squint through it to see my surrounding. A radio was playing in the corner of the room and, after a quick observation, it was clear that it wasn't my room. The unicorns still dangled in the ceiling and the Alice in Wonderland sentiment loomed in the room.

Have I been here all night?

A hand was tucked under my armpit and, behind my back, I could feel the doll-like touch that brushed behind my back as it felt damp and soothingly warm. A strand of golden lock spiraled from my shoulder and shampoo-ey aroma followed. That was when my heart stirred into nervousness once again.

Vicky is snuggling against me! What happened last night?

The radio kept playing Queen and I tried to extend my index finger to switch it off. When I tried, Vicky's hand readjusted and laced her arms around my chest, trapping me from ever moving further.

"No," she said with her eyes closed. "Just a little bit longer."

Am I hearing this right? Am I being delusional just because she's cuddling against me?

With that in mind, I felt her breast that rubbed against my back and then she began to lace her legs around me.

"Last night was fun." Vicky then said.

"What...happened last night?" I faltered.

With those words, a angelic innocent-like giggle escaped her as she pulled me in tighter.

"You're such a child....you got knocked out remember?"

"Really...I did?"

"I was vaping and gave you a try..but you passed out and began to snore. It was cute."

Oh yeah, I think that did happen. It was late at night when I had the slightest ounce of energy left and was slowly succumbing to my fatigue at the passing hour. A puff of smoke rose from her lips while she finish the final touches of our presentation. She gave it to me to awaken me a little, but the effect was totally the opposite. My nostrils began to flare pink again: what did she do after I fell asleep? Did she do something to me?

"You slept like a baby.." she continued. "Sorry...I just couldn't help it but let you stay here for the night. I hope your parents wouldn't mind would they?"

No, they wouldn't. Actually, my parents would wept in joy that I was sleeping with a daughter of a politician.

After, she gave me a ride to school in a black limousine and the chauffeur stopped us directly at the front entrance exactly on time. There were millions of scenes passed by that was graced over by the sunlight as everything became aesthetically pleasing to the eye like I've never seen before, probably because I was riding in a luxurious car. Every color in the world became much heightened and amplified: the barks of wood became brighter, the leaves became greener, the grass became prettier. Vicky sat next to me the whole time and rested her hand on mine while I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not.

When we emerged from the vehicle, we were welcomed by curious glances of jealousy and slight admiration from the students as we strode off towards school together. Those masculine eyes of intimidation from the male crowed cut through me with jealousy as the murmuring grew louder and louder. Morgan, Daniel, Nick, and Raphael all were lit with surprise at the sight of us. When that happened, I began to walk with such bravado as I could feel the soles of my foot spark rays of meteor lights behind me as I danced to the school's entrance.

. . . . .

From that day onward, I've never seen Kate again.

Every-time I found myself glancing back and seeing a outline of where Kate use to sit but a shadowy vacant sentiment loomed in that seat. That never has happened before back then. Even if Kate was ill, she would never be absent. It was useless to ask anyone where she was since she was always introverted and avoided people.

The entire school knew something was up between me and Vicky. After school, Vicky would purposely bump into me and suggested that we walk home together.

"Isn't your house miles away from mine?" I asked.

"It's fine. My chauffeur can pick me up outside your house."

"Is it going to be inconvenient for you?"

She grasped my arm and forced it under her arm as she yanked me to walk with her. There was this one time when there was a overpowering aroma that was snuck in the air  by a nearby bakery. There were wedding cakes displayed on the window and she yanked me in as we settled down to enjoy some tiramisu.

The way Vicky conveys her elegance through her subtle body movements was a sight to see; every body movement looked like a work of art. The way she slices through the delicate cake and brings it to her mouth while hovering her hand underneath her fork resembled ladies of the Victorian era. The way she lets the slice dissolve in her mouth as she pursed her lips and licked the icing around her lips were very lady-like. I could see that she loves cake and only comes second to Lady Antionette, who had a cake celebration before she was guillotined.

A smile sparkled across her face.

"This is sooo good!" she cried. "How's yours? Did you like it."

"It's alright." I said nervously.

"Have you noticed that Kate has been absent for days all of a sudden?"

My eyes lit up in surprise. She notices too? Does she even talk to Kate?

"Yeah....I guess it's pretty weird I guess."

"Hey, Lin."

"Yeah?"

"It was so brave of you when you tried to help Kate last time."

"I mean...I don't like seeing people getting treated that way. So it was just my...y'know...intuition telling me to act immediately."

"That's nice."

A moment of awkward silence reigned in the bakery.

"So.........are you and Kate a thing?" she inquired while stirring her teaspoon in the teacup and making small eddies in the tea.

"No! Of course not." I replied immediately while a surge of guilt began to capsize my stomach.

She smiled.