Chapter 7: Can't Get It Out of My Head

I looked into Vicky's eyes but she looked away in an instant. The incident that happened yesterday probably made my relations with Vicky more distant. Goddamnit, I should've just did nothing yesterday. I wouldn't have to bear this weird-stranger reputation now. Last time, the same exact thing happened. It took about a week for us to reconcile and let it go. I looked behind me and saw Kate hiding in her textbook again. I glared at her as my anger was burning in my chest. She was probably intimidated and slowly lowered her head in the textbook until I couldn't see her face.

   That day I just couldn't concentrate on Mr. Seth's history class. I gave a quick glance if Vicky was looking at me, but she notice or probably didn't bother to give me a look. Suddenly, I just drifted in my thought as Mr. Seth's lecture in the background slowly blurred. I leaned my face against my elbow and studied her, her cheekbones and blonde hair gracefully dangling on the chair that she was sitting in. She hasn't changed that much in the future. She's still as beautiful as today. I could just stare at her for an hour and never get tired. Not intending to sound stalker-ish.

When the class ended, she thrusted her books ferociously into her furry book bag, which I thought it was cute, and swung it over her shoulder as she began to dart off.

"Wait!" I blurted suddenly without realization. She did stop in her steps but didn't look behind to meet my eyes. I was afraid to meet hers as well.

"I don't know what triggered you yesterday because of me.....but whatever it was....yesterday.........I'm truly......truly....sorry."

Without responding, she continued to walk off. Ugh! Why the fuck did I say that?

During lunch, I met Stephen and the others. Stephen always started the conversation, usually on some weird bizarre shit that always forces Morgan to put two of his index fingers into his ears.

"Oh yeah, Lin, why did you do 'that' yesterday...?"

"Well...."

"That was impressive, dude." he said, clapping his hands. " if it was me, I wouldn't have the gut to do that."

"Cuz you're a pussy!" Daniel interrupted.

"And cat is the only pussy you get!"

"And here it goes again." Morgan said sounding like a depressed shit-bag. God, when can you not become exasperated over our conversation. Like, aren't you immune to this shit?

"Alright, alright." Stephen said before another rant between them breaks out. " Out of all seriousness, we got to give a round of applause to my man, Lin. He did cause quite a scene.....but he was a hero."

I looked around the surroundings; everyone was eyeing at us. For some reason, when I looked at Kate sitting their independently and doodling on her homework, a smile crept up my cheeks. I was kind of relieved that nobody came to mess around with her today. Gosh! Why the hell am I relieved? Now Vicky doesn't want to talk to me!

Morgan suddenly took out a bible and was begging to read the first few chapter of Genesis before Rafael snatched it out of his hand.

"Hey! Give it back!"

" Oh no! You drew over all of it!" Rafael said with a feminine bitchy voice, trying to impersonate the assholes yesterday. It sounded hilarious coming out of his mouth since his feminine voice made him sound if he was trying to impersonate a trans-gender. No offense.
.
"Give it back, you sinner!" he growled. For the first time, to our astonishment, he was kind of rebellious.

"Alright, you sack of shit. What makes you think that earth was God's creation!"

"Haven't we been through this." I complained.

"Well, this guy wouldn't get it into his head."

I stood up and just strolled off, since their quarreling distracted my thinking on Vicky. Yes, I am still infuriated by what happened yesterday.

"What's wrong with him today?" Raphael said.

"It's fine. All he needs now is some time. That's all." Stephen said sympathetically. Although Stephen is irksome, he is still the guy that understands people's trouble. I thank him to this day.

I hid myself in the biology lab, leaning against the cabinet while slumped on the floor. I looked up to the ceiling to find tiny cracks scattered everywhere. It's quite an old laboratory that needs some renovation. The rusty odor and the high temperature in the atmosphere makes my stomach turn. It smelled as if I was relaxing in the men's bathroom.

It's Kate and Vicky. I just seemingly can't get those two out of my head for some reason.