Secrets and Advice

Start from the beginning

       I just hope that he stays true to that today.

        I finally give in and go to my door, pulling it open to make my way to the living room, the last place I remember seeing him. But much to my disappointment, it's empty.

       I'm about to go check the kitchen when his door opens and he comes out with his workout gear on. He looks up at me, ready to share a smile and a joke as always, but he takes one look at my face and stops. We stare at each other for a few moments before he sighs and sends me a soft smile. "One second." He says.

       He turns back around and heads into his room while I go back to the living room to sit down on the couch, my eyes staring at the TV that's playing a cooking show, but my mind is ten miles away on a man that doesn't even know I know one of his biggest secrets.

      Only a minute or two passes until I hear a door open and Mikey comes back into the room, this time in regular clothes.

       "What's going on?" He asks as he sits down beside me, watching the screen as I do though I can tell all his attention is on me.

      "You didn't have to stop your workout." I tell him, stalling the inevitable conversation. There's no backing out now. If I don't tell him he's going to be on my ass until I do. He tsks at me before shaking his head and turning his attention form the TV to me, even as I continue facing forward.

       "I know I didn't. But I did. Because you're my brother. And something is clearly bothering you." He says. There's a pause as he continues looking at me before he takes a sharp inhale. "Are you cheating on Court?"

       I turn towards him sharply with a glare, hating that his guess is so close to what's going on in my mind.

       "No." I tell him harshly, but I soften my tone as I continue. "But it's just as bad. I found out today that I'm a Super's soulmate." I tell him and there's dead silence. I turn my head to look at him and there's no surprise on his face just an open look as he watches me. I don't say anything else though, still trying to figure it all out in my head and my silence is enough for Mikey so say something.

       "Did they tell you?" He asks me and I shake my head.

         "No. I was eavesdropping and heard them talking about it. He was saying how he didn't know what to do about it or how to tell me." I say and Mike starts in surprise.

        "He?"

         "He. Zayvion. Angel-Incubus Hybrid." I tell you. and he whistles low.

         "Damn. What do you think?" He asks me and I raise my eyebrows not understanding. "Do you think you are his soulmate?"

        I nod my head, though only a small amount though I can tell he saw it. "I've been getting these weird feelings lately. Even before I met him that something was missing or who I was with was wrong. And ever since I started work with him I've felt those sparks. Like the ones they talk about all the time. Though they weren't that strong since I'm human." I tell him, looking away from his curious eyes and open face.

       "That explains the Courtney thing." He says and I nod, already knowing he caught on when he asks me about it last week. There's a beat of silence between us until he asks the question I've been avoiding. "Do you like him?"

        "No..... I don't think so. I've never thought of a guy like that, much less my coworker I just met. I'm straight, Michael! I mean what am I supposed to do, drop everything I am to let this bond shit control my life?" I rant, the anger I didn't know was there, suddenly surfacing. I try to take a breath to calm myself as my best friend thinks about it.

       "What else are you supposed to do? Force yourself to be with someone you clearly no longer enjoy being with? Ignore the person who was literally made for you? Put this Zayvion dude in pain out of spite and pride?" He asks me and I wish I could punch him in his jaw and te lo him to shut the fuck yo but I can't.

        I came to him because he would ask me questions that I wouldn't ask myself. Challenge me in things that I would let myself get away with.

       "This isn't me, Mike. I don't want to change because I'm forced to." I tell him and he nods his head in agreement and understanding.

       "And no one is saying you have to. The guy doesn't know that you know, so take this time to figure out what you want or at least come up with a plan. But while you go through circles in your mind and overthink this shit to death, I want you to remember something."

       He pauses and waits until I turn my head to face him once more and meet his eyes that are stern.

        "Remember that this isn't just change for you. And it's not just your life that's on the line or changing. Why do you think he hasn't said anything to you yet?" He says and as always he brings up points I would have never thought of.

       Even so, when I go to bed, I only feel more lost than before, even more questions running around my bed not giving me peace. Only once thing clear in my mind.

        I'm Zay's Chain.

~~~~~~~~~~
Okay with the way my adhd is going, i'm going to need a nap. You're going to get eight updates today before I gts tonight, and I'll upload them throughout the day. But I might not be done until 12 instead of ten. Sounds like a great compromise 😂

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Who's advice was better? Zay's or Mike's?