Training and Panic

Zay's POV

     As soon as Elliot is out of view, I turn towards Beth with a glare and a groan. "Really?! You just had to say something." I tell her and she grimaces.

       "I'm sorry! I just said what I always do when we get someone new." She says and I want to strangle her. For months all I've been hoping for is someone to go home to, tired of all the new bodies and different faces, the lack of something between us. And here I am, finally with a chance only for it to laugh in my face.

       "He's straight, Beth! What the hell am I going to do with that. He's a straight human male." I'm rambling to myself at this point, unbelieving if the luck that I seem to be having.

      None apparently.

"It'll all work out. You're meant to be together. It's the Goddess' will." Beth tells me and as much as I want to believe her words, I just can't bring myself to do so.

"I bet you lunch that he has a girlfriend too. A gorgeous one. He's never going to give that up for a guy." I tell her and she pats my shoulder awkwardly, obviously not knowing how to deal with distraught me.

"Stop being a pussy. Get your shit together. You've bagged straight dudes before. This is no different." She tries to convince me and all I can do is look at her. But before I can respond, Elliot is back with his uniform on. He has a stack of his street clothes in his hand and he can't seem to meet my eyes as he addresses the two of us.

"What do I do with these?" He asks and Beth gestures for me to answer the question before she brushes past me, giving my arm a squeeze in support before she's on her way to clock in for work.

"Usually you would put it in your locker, but since you don't have one yet, you can just choose a random one." I tell him but he looks a bit uncomfortable at the prospect.

"I don't know if I'm cool with that. I don't want to leave my stuff in an unlocked locker and come back to find it stolen. No offense but I don't know anyone here yet." He says and I understand. I bit my lip trying to figure out how to help when he solves the problem for me, also almost giving me a damn heart attack. "Can I sit it in your locker?"

"Uh... yeah, that's fine." I stutter out, trying to hide my blush and I turn around and put in the combination before I pull my locker open and allow him to place his stuff inside. I step aside to give him some room but that doesn't stop the smell of Sage and Lemons from traveling in my nose and down my spine until I shiver and my aching cock jerks in my pants.

     Fuck this is going to be a long day.

     Once his stuff is secure I lead him to the time card at the door of the locker room. "This is where you clock in. You punch in whatever numbers Darren assigned to you and then type in what time you're heading into work. It doesn't let you clock in early so there's no botching you times. and If you clock out more than thirty minutes after your scheduled, our managers will be alerted."

     I am trying my best to stick to the usual things I tell newcomers, my brain way too frazzled and anxious to make any other moves on Elliot.

    I know rationally I should be learning as much as I can about him and finding out a way to talk to him about what we are, but I can't even get passed how to ask him if he's single, let alone tell him he was made for me.

        Suddenly, I know exactly who I need to talk to about this. There's only one person in the world that I know went through something similar, and if he can't help me, I'm absolutely screwed.

       Once I show Elliot how to clock in and we both have our time stamps, I open the door and lead him away from the locker room and back towards the receptionist area back to where Ms.Wendy is. I'm trying to think of a conversation starter when Elliot beats me to it, though not in a way that I would expect.

"So, what's it like having an Angel as a parent?" He asks and I roll my eyes. Not because of him, but because that's the one parent everyone asks me about, as if my mom can't be loving or nurturing because of what she is.

"It's just as bad as having any other parent. The only difference between an Angel and a Daemon is that the wicked thrive in their sins. They relish in it and it makes them stronger. Angels sin just as much, if not more. They just repent for them all and never do something permanent." I say and he seems genuinely surprised as I continue. "I much prefer my mother."

"A female version of an Incubus is a Succubus, right?" He asks and I want to swoon. I don't know what it is, but his oblivious nature and his curiosity makes me want to grovel on my knees.

"Yup. That's my mom." I say to distract myself, glad we made it to the desk before I say something that has him running for the hills. "Hey, Ms.Wendy. Can I get that I.D card for Elliot?" I ask her and she looks up at us before winking at him.

"Hey, handsome. How's training?" She asks and I know she's fishing for information. The only thing she's good for is shameless gossiping. I adore her.

"It's fine so far. I'm excited to see the exhibits and learn more about the animals." He says and I want him to choke slam me into the wall so bad. He's so fine and respectful. This man is going to kill me and he hasn't even done anything yet. I'm screwed.

"That's good. I hope Zayvion is being decent." She says turning towards me with a stern gaze and I roll my eyes at the sassy old woman.

"Elliot isn't babysitting me, Ms.Wendy. Stop being so nosy." I tell her and she laughs along with Elliot as I scrunch my face up at the receptionist.

"Okay, here you are Elliot. You use this whenever you have to work. All you have to do is scan it on the reader outside and the door will automatically buzz you in." She explains as she hands over the card. I try to quell my thoughts as the two of them engage, drowning in anxiety and apprehension.

When I got home yesterday, it all clicked together why I have been feeling the way I have. The fatigue, the loneliness, the inability to get full.

It's like the Goddess' heard my prayers and decided to play a sick joke on me. They gave me exactly what I wanted, with no way to obtain it.

Oh I definitely need to have that talk.

I zone back in as Ms. Wendy and Elliot finish up their connect and smile tightly at the newbie before we're on our way so I can show him around the stations we have to learn and do.

~~~~~~~~~
I know this chapter is short but my ADHD is acting up sorry guys. I'm really excited about this book though. I did the math and if I do four chapters a day, I should be done with my books in 5-6 weeks. Though of course we all know some days I'll do more or less.

Who do you think Zay is going to talk to?

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Who do you think will be your favorite?