Talks and Distress

Start from the beginning

       Ares and Thomas both had a hard life before they even met each other, and while you think everything would go perfect then, it got worse when Thomas was kidnapped. He was gone for two months while Ares and the rest of our old crew struggled to find him.

        I couldn't tell you everything that the two went through during those two months, but they deserve the world after enduring it all.

       After Thomas gets his kisses from his lover, his gaze falls to me as I set myself up on one of the stools on this side of the counter. His smile is big as his cheeks heat up a little, just like they always do when I come around.

       "Well hello there." He says and Ares grunts while pushing Thomas away slightly from me making the both of us laugh. "I'm happy you guys came to see me, but what's the occasion?" He asks with a small smile still in his lips. Ares turns to me as if giving me the floor but I'm not quite ready to share it yet, so instead I ask for a drink.

        "Can I get a spiked lemonade? Vodka, please." I tell him but of course, Ares has to ruin my fun.

        "A regular lemonade, kitten. And a water for me." He says, sliding a couple dollars across the bar, but Thomas ignores it as he goes to do as he says. It doesn't take long, his enhanced speed coming in handy for a job like this. In no time, we have our drinks in front of us and the two are looking at me expectedly making me groan.

      "I found my Chain." I tell Thomas, well technically I tell my cup of lemonade, but he seems to hear it anyway.

       "Oh shit! That's great!" He says in excitement until he reads the room and settles down. "Right?" He asks and I shake my head before pausing and nodding instead.

        "Yes but no. I mean, I'm glad I found my Chain. I've been waiting for what seems like forever to find them and now I have, which I'm excited about." I tell him honestly, sipping my drink as I vent to my two closest friends.

        "But?" Thomas encourages and I sigh before I continue.

        "But, there's three factors that make this whole Soulmate bond between us damn near impossible. He's human, he's straight, and he has a girlfriend."

         "Well, fuck." He says with a whistle and then he turns to Ares before turning back to me with an understanding smile. "And this is why you needed to talk to Ares." I nod my head in agreement and he smiles before leaning over to give his Bond a kiss before leaving to go attend to some customers at the other end of the bar.

     Ares turns to me with his water in hand and a slight frown in his brows. "I get that we're friends and all, and I don't mind helping, but why do you think I'm the best one to help in this situation?" He asks, only curious.

      "Even though Thomas wasn't straight, he was a top that couldn't even think about being a bottom. And he was against you from he beginning. Though they were reluctant in different ways, I figured your experience with that could maybe help me with Elliot." I tell him and he hums in agreement before he looks off into space for a bit.

     I let him get his thoughts together before he turns to me with a serious look in his eyes that makes me straighten up automatically.

       "The biggest thing you have to have is patience. A shit ton of it. You can't rush it, even if you make progress you have to keep going the pace he's comfortable with. Let him come to you. You have to talk to him first and foremost about what he is to you, and see where he wants to do from there. And no matter what his decision, don't fight him on it. Things will happen the way they're intended to. Just have faith." He tells me.

       And this is why I always go to him. He's not the smartest or the nicest or even the easiest to get along with, but Ares will be there for you through anything, and he will always tell you what you need to hear, even if you don't like it.

       He's right.

       I have to have that talk with Elliot. Even if this shit feels like a thousand knives in my heart, this is his bond too, even if he doesn't understand it yet.

       Even though I feel like I know what he's going to choose: not me.

       But just maybe if I take the the other portion of my friends advice and just have faith, everything will work out the way it's supposed to. I drown the rest of my lemonade in one go. This is going to be one long ass week and dammit if I don't just want to go hide myself in a hole somewhere.

       Pussy? Maybe.

       Self preservation? Definitely.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss Zack and Thomas content. They're my babiiiesss. My poor baby Zay I feel so bad for him. todays updates are gonna be so crazy. I hope you guys are as ready as I am, even though I started writing late.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: What were you bullied for?