SIXTEEN

"...hello?" Death picked up the phone as it rang from an unidentified caller. Since Malea was the only one who had his number he could assume it was probably safe to pick up.

"Hello, this is Malea's mother. I believe you remember me."

"Right, of course. It's nice to talk to you again."

"You as well. I've heard from her that you two are meeting up this afternoon?"

"That's right."

"Have you decided to become a part of her life?"

"If she'll have me, then yeah, I'd like to give it a go."

"That's wonderful! You'll always be welcome in our home, Dean."

"Thank you Mrs. Wilson, I'll keep that in mind."

"So what do you two plan to do? Just curious."

"Well, we were planning on just having lunch together and talking, and establishing things from there."

"Ah, I can understand that. That's a good plan. Then I'll wish you luck and hope that we can meet soon."

"Uh yeah, hopefully," Death grimaced, causing the person in the room with him to smirk.

"We both know you lying Death," Lucifer snickered.

"What was that? I have more work to do? Man, I was having a good time talking to a friend, sir!"

"What you talkin-"

"No problem, I've been keeping you for too long. I look forward to Malea reuniting with her brother!"

"Ah... Yeah for sure."

CALL ENDED

"You motherfucker."

"Shut up."

"No way. That's so rich! You said you were her brother?! Bahaha!" Lucifer threw his head back, slapping his thigh as Death just deadpanned at him angrily.

"Dude seriously. Not cool."

"YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF! HAHA MIGHT WANNA THANK YOURSELF FROM FIVE YEARS AGO, HAHA OR SLAP HIM!"