SIX

"Hey princess, how do you like your new home?"

"It's okay, but the people are kinda mean."

"What?"

"Yeah, they call me names when I mess up on something, and they make me do things like empty the dishwasher, or clean the bathroom. It stinks in there!"

"I'm sorry, princess. They aren't hitting you, though, right?"

"No... Dean, will I ever see you again?"

"Maybe. I don't know for sure."

"I hope so."

"Well, what about school? How is it going?"

"Hehe, it's so much fun! Landon and I are best friends and everyone is so nice and I just live It! I'm even learning to write, it's so weird. Letters are weird."

"You're adorable, Malea. I'm glad school is fun for you."

"Yeah. But I'm kinda sad because Madame won't let Landon come over, or let me go over to his home. I get to see him at school I guess, but it's not the same."

"Who are you talking to?" Spirit asked as he leaned forward towards Death. Jesus and God turned toward the other two, curious as well.

"A friend." Death said.

"Its a little human girl named Malea." God observed, using his omniscent vision to his advantage.

"You and your omniscent sight." Death rolled his eyes before going back to his conversation with Malea.

"-What I'm trying to say is that I can't stand him and I want to smack him. You get that feeling, right?"

"Yeah, I really get that feeling. I'm feeling it right now with someone I'm with. Who are we talking about?"

"My foster brother Ethan! Madame always says he doesn't do anything wrong, and that I'm always to blame."

"Wait, Madame? Who the fuck is that?"

"The mama of the family. She saud to call her that. And don't say that word, it's not nice."

"I like this girl." Jesus grinned.

"Sorry Princess. But you shouldn't have to call someone Madame. I get it if it's Misses So and So, but Madame sound like some stuck up bit - I mean person."

"I don't know, I don't like to judge."

"Well, I can judge, and that is my verdict."

Malea started giggling on the other end, which made everyone in the room smile at the sound. "She's adorable."

"You're so funny Dean!"

"Only for you, princess."

"Who are you talking to?" Interrupted a voice, "I'm telling mom you're using the phone without her permission!"

"No, Ethan! Please!" Malea cried, "Dean, I have to go."

"Wait, Malea-"

CALL ENDED