NINETEEN

"I don't wanna have second thoughts, but this is too nerve racking," Malea mumbled as she typed away at her phone, then held it to her ear.

"Landing to Malibu, copy."

"That's not funny. I think I'm getting a stomach ache.."

"Aw come on, I thought it was a good one. So where are you now? Need me there instead of just on call?"

"I'm sitting at the water fountain," Malea told Landon, sighing as she used one hand to clutch her stomach. "I think I'm gonna throw up, I'm so nervous."

"Picture everybody in their underwear, that should help a bit."

"Uh," Malea squinted, then made a distressed noise. "That's so gross, I might actually puke now."

"Backfire, huh? How about, uh, looking at some animal videos? Taking a bit to scroll through tiktok?"

"But what if I get too distracted and he thinks I ditched? Or what if he still finds me but thinks I'm a prissy stuck up tiktoker? I only got an account because you asked me to!"

"That is literally his problem, Leah. This rando doesn't know you, and I still think he isn't worth your time."

"I know you don't, but I really want to reconnect with him. He helped me out, and even if it's the last thing I do, I'm gonna treat him to a meal!"

"Don't you sound confident, feeling better now?"

"Yeah.. Sorry I yelled at you, Landon.."

"Got some of the stress out, right? That's what I'm here for. Remember, I'm on call if you need anything, anything at all."

"Got it. Thanks Landon, you're the best."

"Bestest~"

"Haha, yes, bestest!"

"Kay, well bestest is loggin off, so good luck. If he turns out to be a creep or perv, make sure to scream like you did when you first tried out that bloody mary ritual."

"Wha-- Landon!!"

CALL ENDED