EIGHTEEN

"What's this? You're actually calling now, huh? What's the occasion, jackass?" A snarly voice came from the phone in Death's hand.

"Because I'm nervous and you usually piss me off enough to make me forget about anything else."

"Fair enough." There was a huff. "Well from where I'm standing, you look like you just crawled out of a sewer of algae."

"You always look like a burnt carrot so I guess we'd go well together." Death rolled his eyes, then paused as there was a shuffling sound.

"Not if I have anything to say about it."

"Is that Lilith I'm hearing?"

"Sure is. Stop hitting on Satan, Death, you guys were a terrible couple."

"I wasn't hitting on him."

"If you say so." She sounded unconvinced, and then there were more scuffling sounds.

"Give me the phone Lilith." The person Death had been calling demanded faintly, probably from how far he was from the phone.

"No. Go away. I haven't been able to talk to Death in forever."

"Neither have I! He's always busy, with Lucifer or the bug guy!" There was even more of a snarl in Satan's voice than usual.

"Well too bad for you. Anyway," there was a loud slamming noise. "So what's up with you?"

"I'm meeting someone for the first time in a while, and I have no idea how this will go."

"Ah, is it a date or just a friend meet up?"

"She's a minor."

"You don't age, your point?" Lilith did not and never would go easy on people with their bullshit, making Death groan.

"... It's a reunion of sorts, so I wouldn't say it's a date."

"Okay, since it's not a date, you don't need to look your best, but if it's a reunion with someone underaged, then they probably barely remember you, so I'd say a button up, definitely not sweatpants, and maybe some chains since you like that, right?"

"Yeah okay, guess I should change then."

"What are you wearing now?"

"... A green shirt and faded green sweats.."

"Gross, go change now. Feel free to call if you're in a pickle, I'll be keeping the phone for today~ bye Death, have fun."

"Thanks Lilith, I'll get back to you later."

CALL ENDED

"I hope I don't smell like I came out of a sewer too.. Maybe I should take a shower just in case.. I have about twenty minutes now so that should be fine if I hurry.. Ugh, this is so stressful."