FOURTEEN

"Hey, feelin better?"

"Yes, much better, thank you!"

"So what's on your mind, you sound stressed."

"Yeah, uh, I need to let out something about Landon. I hope you don't mind?"

Death paused, he really didn't want hear about another guy from Malea, but he'd just have to deal with it. "Of course not, go ahead."

Malea sighed, "Okay, so the other day Landon came over to take care of me, right? So I was about to go to sleep when he kissed my forehead and whispered that he wished he could tell me how he felt."

Death could feel a possessive growl climbing, but he suppressed it so she could continue.

"I-I didn't even know he felt that way." Malea mumbled sadly, sounding heart broken. "B-but I don't feel that way about him. He's my best friend, but I don't know how to go on, knowing he sees me as more..."

"I don't know what to tell you. I know how it feels to loose a best friend, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone."

"I know! I don't know what to do. Do I act normal? Do I confront him? What?!"

"Whatever you decide to do will be for the best, I know it will. Be strong, princess."

"I will try. Anyway, I've been thinking about when we should meet up."

"Oh, hehe..." Death chuckled nervously, wanting to put this off as long as he could. "I don't know, I'm pretty busy lately..." It was true, but when wasn't collecting dead souls busy?

"Oh, I already thought of that. Weekends are free, right?"

"No, sorry, I'm on call 24/7."

"That's not very healthy for you, Dean. Can't you take one day off to spend with me?"

The way she phrased it made him want to do it more than anything. To spend a day with the one he had been watching since he had met her, only this time she'd know he was there.

That sounded stalkery. Great going, Death.

"Uhhh, I don't know..."

"Pleeeeaaasse?"

Death chuckled, "How could I say no to that? When did you have in mind?"

"Next weekend, Saturday by the water fountain?"

"Alright, I'll try to make it."

"Great! Around 11:30 so we can have lunch together! Oooooh I'm so excited!"

"Haha, me too. I'll see you then Malea. Until then."

"Until then, I'll talk to you later!"

"Bye princess."

CALL ENDED