THIRTEEN

"Hey princess."

"Hey Dean!" Malea then starts coughing.

"Woah there, you alright?"

"Uhh, I guess." She coughs again. "I had to stay home from school, I have a fever."

That explains why I didn't see her leave,  Death thought before answering. "I'm sorry, princess. Do you need anything?"

"Well, I'm home alone because both my parents are at work, but I think I can manage. Thanks anyway."

"Of course. So, have anything you want to talk about, since you called me?"

"Not really, I'm just bored."

"Not much I can do about that," Death chuckled, "I'm a pretty boring person myself."

"No way."

"Yes way."

"Anyway, where's that friend of yours that ratted you out?"

"He's not with me, thank God."

"Haha, okay. I have another question for you, though."

"Ask away."

"When can we meet? Like, in real life?"

Death blinked several times, taken aback. "Um, I don't know, princess."

"Cause I really wanna meet you."

"I'll try to find a time that works..." He trailed off, definitely not planning on it being anytime soon.

"Okay, thank you." Malea paused, and coughed again before clearing her throat.

"You sure you're alright over there?" Death asked, just to make sure. That last one sounded pretty bad.

"Yeah I'm fine. It's just a cold, I'll be better in a few days."

"If you say so." Death shrugged.

"I say so."

A door slamming open alerted both of them into silence, then Landon burst into Malea's room.

"Okay, I'm here with a box of tissues, ice cream, hand sanitizer, food, and more food. Which do you want first?" He asked as he set them down on her night stand. Malea rolled her eyes.

"I'm talking to someone right now, if you didn't notice." She gestured to her phone.

"Oh I did, I just don't care."

"That must be Landon." Death muttered.

"Yeah, sorry about him. I should probably go, though."

"Yeah, wouldn't want to keep him waiting."

"Thank you so much for understanding. I'll call you later, okay?"

"Yeah, sure thing princess. Bye."

"Bye!"

CALL ENDED

I updated! Sorry for the long delay, but I'm sick so I had a lot of time on my hands. Anyway, hope you enjoyed it!
-Kai