“Owen!” I punch him in his arm.

“So, how old is the baby?” Owen asks. He is planning to sit down on the floor.

God, are we ever gonna get out of this haunted house?

“I said, shh. You’ll wake up the baby!” the girl hisses.

“Well, if you don’t give me your number, I totally will,” Owen says with a smile.

This guy.

“I mean, I think you’re really pretty. I really like your long hair.” Owen reasons.

“The hair is fake,” I hear the girl say. I look at her.

“See? You can talk. Now wouldn’t it be nice if we grab a bite sometimes?” Owen says again, giving her what he would call a ‘charming’ smile.

“Shh, you’ll-”

“No, I won’t,” Owen promises.

“Fine!” The girl says. “I work at Daisy’s in the daytime,” she almost whispers from behind her hair.

“There you go,” Owen smirks. Then he looks at me. “Now we can go.”

“Shh. You’ll wake up the baby,” The girl says again.

“Yeah right. Then the baby will know it has a father too,” I roll my eyes.

Owen pushes me out of the room before the girl can say anything else.

“I can’t believe I have a date!” Owen almost punches in the air. “Now Chase owes me 20.”

“What?” I blink.

“Yeah, he said if I can get the girl with the baby to go on a date with me, I’ll get a 20,” Owen says, like it’s no big deal.

I stare at him.

I try to imagine Oliver asking someone out to win a bet. I can’t.

“You are horrible and disgusting and I don’t even want to look at you,” I say.

“Fine, then turn around and look at the room we have in front of us,” Owen says and shrugs.

I put more distance between him and me as I turn around.

In front of me is a bridge, a little bit higher over the ground. There is no other way to get to the end of the room other than crossing the bridge. The bridge is narrow so only one person can cross at a time.

The room is dark and there are plants all around the bridge. It smells like something died here.

I almost take a step back.

“Let’s go!” Owen says.

“Why don’t you go first?” I say, stepping aside.

“Sure, sure,” Owen says, mocking me. I let him because only God knows what’s in here.

Owen walks forward and gets on the bridge. I follow him. I hear the leaves move. I don’t turn around.

Owen takes another step forward. From somewhere, a wolf howls.

I stumble forward and hit Owen. He turns around.

“Scared?” Owen asks.

From the side of the bridge, something that looks like an animal rises up. My eyes go wide, and I lose my voice.

“What?” Owen says.

I try to make a sound.

The animal does. Owen turns around slowly. The animal thing is staring right at him. Him and the animal are nose to nose. Owen gulps as his brain processes the situation. Not long after, he screams.