DaiSuga (Angst)

His throat began to close up, a tightening sensation spreading through his chest

His throat began to close up, a tightening sensation spreading through his chest. An all too familiar feeling that terrified him. 
'No...please....not now!'

He started coughing and instantly put his hand over his mouth, already feeling the disgusting texture of what came out against his palm.
"Suga?"
He met eyes with Karasuno captain and feeling intensified. His own hazelnut eyes widening before rushing away to the changing room, locking the door behind him. 
Removing his hand from his mouth, the familiar sight of blood along with yellow and orange flower petals. The pain in not only his lungs and throat but also his heart. It ached. It ached for love. Tears creeping out of the corners of his eyes, a sudden suffocating tightness in his throat causing them to spill. The grey haired boy heaved, trying to get whatever was blocking his airway, out. 
'Darn you Diachi. This all your fault.'

His hit his chest in an attempt to force out what was in his throat. After several unattractive gagging sounds, his eyes widened at what laid on the floor in front of him, blood splattered all over it and around it.

An entire flower. A yellow Carnation.
Meaning:
- Disdain
- Dissapointment
- Rejection

"Th-that's...never happened...before." He whispered, voice hoarse. 
A light knock on the door startled him, causing him to slap his hand over his mouth. Not that it does much to hide the bloodied petals and flower that surrounded him.
"S-Sugawara-san?" A soft voice asked on the other side, the fact that it wasn't Daichi calm him down a little. He recognised the voice belonging to his kouhai, Hinata.
"Suga-san? Can I come in?...It's just me." He didn't want Hinata to see him, afraid he may scare the younger with his appearance. 

"H-Hinata...go away..."He rasped, forcing down the itching need to cough up more reminders of his unreciprocated love. He heard a sigh on the other side of the door and assumed that the small teen would leave. But what was said next shocked him.
"....I know what you're going through. Please let me in. I told...Daichi-san...to send everyone home, including himself. It's just me."
His heart stopped at the thought of his kouhai going the same traumatic experience. Slowly, he unlocked the door, keeping his quivering hand over his blood stained lips. Hinata walked in and immediately wrapped his arms around him, not caring about the disgusting mess all over him. 
"Hinata...what did you mean?" He said into the younger teens shoulder.
"I..had the same thing. But I got the surgery a few months ago, I'm fine now." Hinata replied, as if it were no big deal.
"Who? Who was it?"
A sigh came from Hinata, "Kageyama. He didn't feel them same and I respected his decision. I couldn't have the disease affect our team work so I got the root removed. It was a hard choice since that meant I lost all the love I ever felt towards him but...I'm sure one day, I'll find someone who loves me back."

The inspirational heartfelt words hit him deep. He had no idea Hinata had gone through this already. 
"I-is it Daichi-san?"
Just the mention of his name made his heart lurch forward and throat tighten.
"Y-yeah."
Hinata patted him on the back, comforting him. His tears had dried yet dampened Hinata shirt. He pulled back so he could see his kouhai's face, who's expression was blank.
"How Hinata? How are you so brave?"
"I'm not brave Suga-san. I'm just a kid who didn't want to die. I know it's hard but, would you rather get rid of it, find someone who loves you back so much and start a family, achieve your dreams and live happily? Or die painfully slow over someone who doesn't deserve your love? I'm not blaming Daichi-san nor am I blaming you. You can't control love, and I learnt that the hard way. We all go through pain, and just seems like we are the apart of the unlucky few who get this disease." Hinata replied, a small smile on his face.
He looked at Hinata and smiled too, the intensive pain inside of him slowly dying down. 
"But I'm scared."
"I'm here. I will be there. I can even hold your hand. I want you to be happy Suga-san. I want you to be happy before it's too late."

Tears began to spill out of his eyes once more. But this time, for a different reason. Hope. Joy. Happiness. He was afraid. He was scared. But he wasn't weak. He was strong. And he was going to get through this. 

Ugh, this hurt to write. But thank you so much for 10K reads, I never though I would even get close to this number so thank you!