KanoYachi

What if...they met each other, crying in the bathrooms at Tanaka and Kiyoko's wedding

Yachi was never really one to voice her thoughts, afraid of the outcome, afraid of rejection. So when the girl she fell in love with, in her first year of high school asks her to be her maid of honour, how could she refuse? 

When Yachi first met Kiyoko, she definitely had a major gay panic. And very very quickly, Yachi realised she didn't just adore Kiyoko and was envious of her appearance, she was in love. But, of course, she could never let Kiyoko know this. Shimizu Kiyoko was way too beautiful, way too enchanting, way too ethereal for her, in Yachi's opinion. 

So, keeping her feelings a secret from her, she became good friends with the elder. They remained in close contact and often met up after Kiyoko graduated. But you can imagine her heartbreak when she was the first one Kiyoko gushed to when she and Tanaka started dating. Yachi simply smiled and supported their relationship, but she couldn't deny, there were definitely times she wished they would just break up, that Tanaka would just do something wrong so Kiyoko would leave him. But no, that never happened. 

Yachi cried for a week after she was told they were getting married, the pain only worsened when Kiyoko asked her to be her maid of honour. But she agreed anyway. 

And now, as she put pretty pearl pins into Kiyoko's now shorter hair, moments away from where she would officially be married to Tanaka. 

"Y-you look very beautiful Kiyoko-san," she blurted out.
Kiyoko giggled and smiled, "Thank you Hitoka-chan, gosh...I'm so nervous, I can't believe I'm getting married today!"
"...yeah, well, I'm sure Tanaka-san's jaw will drop when he sees you. He's definitely been looking forward to this for a long time," Yachi said through a forced smile.
"Yeah, oh, it's almost time for me to walk down the aisle, you have to get up to the alter now with the bridesmaids and groomsmen," Kiyoko reminded.
"Ah! Yeah, it is that time already," she stood slowly, "I guess I'll see you soon."
"Yep! See you soon Hitoka-chan."

.

.

Of course, she looked like a goddess as she walked down the aisle. Of course, she looked like an angel. 

Yachi couldn't take her eyes of Kiyoko as she neared, and when she was finally at the altar, smiling at Tanaka. Tears threatened to fall as they began their vows.

"Kiyoko, I truly fell in love with you at first sight. At first, your beauty captivated me and I wanted to marry you on the spot. But as I got to know you, I knew I was falling in even more love, each day I saw you, my love grew. It grew so much, I thought my heart would burst, but I wasn't scared, because it was worth it, for you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

It was becoming harder and harder to hold those tears back because what Tanaka just described, was exactly what she felt. She had zoned out when Kiyoko said her vows.

"Do you, Tanaka Ryuunosuke take Shimizu Kiyoko to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do."
"Do you, Shimizu Kiyoko, take Tanaka Ryuunosuke to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

'Please say no,'

"I do."

"You may now kiss the bride."

She had to look away. 

.

.

After the reception, she excused herself and rushed to the bathroom. She barely made it in time before the tears fell and the sobs escaped. Gasps for air, why was it so hard to breathe? Was she being selfish? Was it wrong to feel this way?

She sunk to the floor, her body trembled as sobs racked through her body. But quickly, she was distracted by the sound of quiet sniffles a few feet away from her. She looked up through teary eyes and saw that one of the toilet doors was closed, the sound was coming from there. 

Even though she was hurting, she wanted to see if the other person was okay. Shakily, she stood up and walked up to the door, knocking gently.

"Hey...a-are you alright?" she asked. The sniffled suddenly stopped and there was a short pause before the door opened, causing Yachi to stumble back.

A very tall, beautiful black haired women with teary eyes looked down at her. 
"I'm...I'm fine...you...you're Yachi right? The maid of honour...you don't look fine."
Yachi hastily wiped her eyes, "Yeah, I-I'm Yachi Hitoka. I'm, same as you, I'm fine...or I will be, eventually...maybe."

The woman offered a short chuckle at the response, "That describes me at the moment. I'm Amanai Kanoka, I uh...you look heartbroken too....I'm sorry! That was really blunt!"
"I think I remember you from Nationals, you...you're a close friend of Tanaka-san?"
"Heh...yeah, I guess you could say my love for him never really faded, that became evident to me as they said their vows to each other," Kanoka replied with a sigh. 

Yachi stayed silent, not knowing what to say. 

"I saw your expression at the altar," Kanoka started, "you really love her, don't you?"
Her chin wobbled and she sniffled, "Y-yeah...it hurts....it hurts so much to see her happy for him...but at the same time, I want her to be happy!" Yachi rushed out before bursting into tears.
"I know how you feel...seems like we're in the same boat, huh?" Kanoka pursed her lips and exhaled through her nose. She didn't want to breakdown again, but as she looked down at Yachi's small trembling frame, she wanted to comfort her. 

They were feeling the same way, seeing their first loves, happy with someone else. 

Yachi was startled when a pair of arms suddenly were wrapped around her.
"A-Amanai-san?"
"You looked like you needed a hug, and in reality, I kinda needed one too."

Yachi hesitated before returning the hug, feeling the heartbeat of Kanoka's against her own. It felt nice to be held. 

"You can call me Kanoka, Yachi-san, I'd like to become friends with you."
"I-I...I'd like that Ama-Kanoka, you can call me Hitoka...but only if you want to of course!" Yachi responded, flustered.
"I will, Hitoka. Also, you give really good hugs, but my back kinda hurts from bending down," she admits.
"Ah! I'm sorry."
"Don't be, your height is so cute."

Yachi's eyes were no longer the only thing that was red. 

Yachi definitely has a type, taller dark-haired women.

Definitely canon that Yachi is a lesbian and Kanoka is bisexual.

But just look at their height difference, the conversion is that Konaka is 5'11

But just look at their height difference, the conversion is that Konaka is 5'11.9", basically 6 feet. And Yachi is 4'10.9", basically 4'11". Their height difference is 32.8cm or basically 13 inches.