5.2

⇋ We shouldn't have done anything together on that couch

We shouldn't have done anything together on that couch. I'll never be able to look at it the same, let alone sit on it with the same comfort from before.

Why doesn't he want me to touch him like he just touched me?

"Floor." Steele asserted once more with a condescending tone. "You're not listening to me."

"You can be honest with me, Steele. I don't give a shit." I spoke with aggravation to my tone of voice as I walked into my kitchen.

"I've been being honest with you for the past fucking week. Literally as soon as I started being honest with you is when you stopped trusting a word I said."

"I don't understand why I'm so different for you. Like, am I not good enough? Am I not as hot as everyone else?" I argued back with the threat of tears in my voice. "You can just say it. I'd rather you be honest."

Saying this situation terrifies me is a complete and utter understatement. Steele and I being together is an anomaly in this universe even philosophers or the most abstract scientists couldn't have predicted. I just can't help but realize it's not going to work out between us. The odds are clearly not in favor of my happiness. Steele and I aren't supposed to be together. And we both know this.

He took a second to respond. I can literally see the full image of him sitting on my couch rolling his gray eyes at my question, and that's mostly because it's exactly how he would've reacted if I had been looking him eye-to-eye. But instead I'm standing in the middle of my kitchen floor, too afraid to make eye contact with him.

"Fleur, you're so good that I refuse to even stand up right now." He grumbled from the other room.

I continued to look at my closed cabinets as I tried to fight off the impending reality of my growing emotions. "Why?" I forced myself to get out.

"Do you really need me to fucking explain?" He quickly questioned me with a tinge of annoyance in his voice.

"I want you to explain. I feel like we're literally never on the same page. It's the only reason why I always end up embarrassing myself around you. Like, all this stuff between us would be so much easier if you would just communicate."

"I'm hard, Fleur." He stated. "Like, really fucking hard."

My eyes slightly widened with his blunt statement. I mean, I kind of knew that he was turned on from when I looked at him a few seconds ago, I just didn't expect him to come out with that confession the way he did.

Though I really liked hearing that admittance come out in his infamous slightly raspy voice. And I like how brusque he was.

"Then why won't you do anything with me?"

"Because I know how you are. If I make you do something for my pleasure and then leave later tonight, you'll start overthinking shit and somehow come to the conclusion that I'm only using you for sex. I'm trying to avoid that."