9.1

⇋Leo entered his living room again, a giant bowl full of butter popcorn laying on top of the sweater covering his arms

Leo entered his living room again, a giant bowl full of butter popcorn laying on top of the sweater covering his arms. I kept from glancing at him by staring straight ahead at the wall resting behind the tv. Something about smoking last night has put me in a disassociative daze today. Or maybe it was the gravity of everything that happened... Smoking a drug dealers weed when I haven't even smoked a cigarette, Simon trying to get inebriated me alone in a bedroom, seeing Steele for the first time in a week, Knox telling me more about Steele's past with his parents. I haven't been able to focus on anything today, not even the second movie of the night that is loudly blaring in front of us.

"Here," Leo cheerfully handed me the bowl as he sat down onto the couch. I sunk further into the recliner and shot him a quick glance of appreciation before looking down to the multitude of white puffs resting in my lap. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah. I'm alright." I felt my mouth form into a slant as I shifted my eyes back up to his.

His head briefly shook as if he didn't agree with my response. "You're sure?"

"Why do you think I'm not feeling okay?"

"You're just extremely quiet today."

"These movies aren't really my thing," I mumbled lowly as my attention briefly fixated on the giant superhero fight clashing loudly on the screen.

He immediately picked up the remote and went back to the search page, making the living room fill to the brim with silence. "You should've said something then! Here I was thinking that you were mad at me since I said you shouldn't go to that dumb sorority party," the end of his sentence was accompanied by a confident chuckle.

A long, irritated sigh left me, "Yeah."

The stupid thing about how Leo austerely told me not to go to tonight's party was the fact that I never once mentioned that I wanted to go. All I said was that Atticus had invited me out, and Leo instantly got loud and upset with a list of reasons why I shouldn't go. I find it insanely frustrating that I can't do anything that I ever want to do without backlash from everyone.

I watched from the corner of my eye as Leo sat up against the couch cushions. "What do you want to watch?"

"I don't really want to watch anything. I've been sitting around all day and I'm getting kind of bored."

"What do you want to do then?"

"Anything but watch more movies."

"You're not thinking of going out again, are you?" He slowly asked and I hesitantly turned to look into his dark circled eyes.

My shoulders shrugged before I answered. "I don't know. Maybe."

"Why would you want to be around those people, Fleur?" Leo's voice lowered to a confused whisper. "They're all assholes and I don't think any of them have good intentions with you."