7.9

⇋"I'm going to go get cleaned up," Steele grumbled as he removed his slightly steamy body from mine

"I'm going to go get cleaned up," Steele grumbled as he removed his slightly steamy body from mine. We had only been cuddling for less than a minute at this point, but I can understand his uncomfortableness. He's still wearing a condom and surely it can't be the most amazing feeling in the world. Though I do wish he would've stayed with me for another minute or two.

"Okay." My voice echoed in my mind as I accepted his disappearance through my bedroom door. His tall, undressed self left me alone on my bed with an odd coolness to his attitude and no explanation for it anywhere in sight.

It's like he went right back to how he was acting before we got intimate. Maybe I should've stopped with all of my advancements the second he told me to. It was sort of clear that he didn't want me to start any of it once I took off my pants.

I shook my head to myself to get my brain to stop coming up with reasons to blame myself for his mood. Because if he didn't want to do it, he wouldn't have initiated back. And he definitely did. He very clearly wanted to have sex with me.

After raising myself from my mattress, I went to my closet to get dressed in a tshirt and a pair of sweats, and then went into my living room to wait for Steele to leave the bathroom. I sat on my couch just as I noticed that his clothes had vanished from my living room floor and I patiently waited another second or two before turning on my television as some sort of distraction from myself.

I don't know exactly why, but I feel like something is off right now. The atmosphere of my apartment feels incredibly off it's axis and full of tension all of a sudden.

He took a few more minutes, but the sound of my bathroom door opening and the arrival of his tall shadow arrived at the opposite end of the couch than me. I turned away from the fictional crime show to look up at him as he sat down, more toward the end of the couch than in the middle like normal. Maybe it's a new thing for him though? He sat on the edges of Knox's couch too.

Steele hadn't yet connected his eyes with mine and I got an overwhelming feeling saying that he probably isn't going to anytime soon as he reached for his espresso with his bandaged hand. I'm surprised the gauze is as clean as it is after everything we just did. He had a tight hold on my comforter earlier and I was sure that the constraint of his hand would've agitated his wounds at least a little, but I guess not. Maybe he's finally starting to heal.

"Are you okay?" I whispered as he lowered the coffee from his mouth to swallow.

"Yeah," he simply answered before bringing the white cup back to his plump, redder than normal bottom lip.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine, Fleur." He snapped as his eyes finally connected with mine, the once familiar harsh look in his gray irises almost completely foreign to me as he flashes it right now with the cup lullingly held in front of his mouth. His eyes adjusted downward to my neck for a brief second as I soaked in his uncalled for attitude.