6.6

⇋His eyes winced at my defensive movement and I could instantly see how I had just hurt him because of the reaction on his face

His eyes winced at my defensive movement and I could instantly see how I had just hurt him because of the reaction on his face. But he hurt me too. The only difference is that I know I hurt him with intent. I'm not sure yet if the same goes for him.

"What did they tell you?" He asked nervously, his deep voice coming out with a touch of shakiness to it.

I took a long breath in as tears started to form in my eyes. "When did you have sex with Hope?"

"Fleur..." He instantly tried to diffuse my growing emotions. "It was just sex. It was only once. It's not like I have feelings for-"

"When did you fuck her?" I felt my heart break even more as a new wave of tears flooded my vision. "I want to know when."

He let out a faltering sigh as his face grew an opaque red tint to it. "After I found you and Ainsley making out on the hood of his car."

"Are you fucking serious?" My straight toned voice shook as I dared to ask.

"I did it out of anger. It should've never happened, but I was so fucking pissed that you were fucking making out with him instead of me after everything he had done to you."

"So you fucked Hope?" I snapped at him with widened eyes.

"I don't know what to say, Fleur. You have every single right to be upset with me." He gazed as deep into my eyes that he possibly could as I gazed back at him. Without wanting it to, the way he looked at me somehow made me less mad by the second. But I want to be mad. I need to be mad.

"I wish you wouldn't have done that." I responded with more emotion in my voice. Granted, the emotion was despair, but it's more emotion than I've given him for this entire conversation so far. I was trying to seem strong.

"I wish I wouldn't have either. I can't take it back though. I just have to acknowledge what I've done and I have to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm sorry, Fleur. And I can wholeheartedly swear to you that I will never fuck Hope again."

"They also said you're still sleeping with Marisol." I decided to hit him with the second, less painful blow to ignore the words 'fuck' and 'Hope' next to each other in his sentence.

The Marisol rumor is only less painful because I'm not even sure I believe that he's still messing around with Marisol. It's semi-plausible, but it really doesn't seem like something he would do. Not after the past few days.

His mouth instantly dropped open as the hurt left his eyes to be replaced with static. "I'm fucking not. Do you believe that I am?"

"I'm on the fence honestly."

"Why?"

"It doesn't matter, they're stupid reasons. I just want to hear you say that you're not." I calmly responded. "I want to believe you."