0.1

⇋Steele

Steele. How the heavenly name rolls off my tongue so comfortably. His calloused fingers and bitten down nails. His hard gray eyes that have obviously been stolen from a dark, rainy day. His umber, disheveled, wavy hair which laid messily across his forehead.

Today is a Thursday that is going in the history books.

The Thursday I had finally first spotted the risky, dangerous looking twenty year old walking around campus with a guitar case slung around his shoulders and an impassive look stricken across his symmetrical and god-like face.

I had heard rumors about this man countless times before, but never once have I had the pleasure to finally put a name to such a picturesque face.

I've always heard stuff along the lines of "did you hear about that guy getting the shit beat out of him by Steele?" or "that party Steele was at this weekend was insane!" Constantly, I've heard his name and the negative stereotypes that come with it from the types of conversations my small group of friends engage in. But I find it bizarre because I never expected myself to want to run into this boy on a daily basis so easily.

He's alluring. Hypnotic, almost. His face doesn't match all the scary stories I've heard about him.

As Joseph Heller once wrote, "It was love at first sight."

Okay... Maybe that's a little dramatic.

I'm not quite sure if I really even believe in love at first sight and I know for a fact that I don't love him, but I do believe that this stranger has already made an amazing impression so far.

Steele was walking in the direction of the school buildings meanwhile I was walking to my apartment a few blocks away from the university when he caught my eyes. A weird part of my brain tells me that I hate to see him leave. But I don't know him, he doesn't know me, and I really need to get home before Zach beats me to my own place.

I just can't believe I finally spotted the hot, badass boy literally everyone around campus is always talking about. What makes today even better is that Zach actually wants to hang out with me after our small three week long break we decided to take from each other.

It hadn't taken but five minutes to come upon my apartment complex. Once I reached the yard that the tens of buildings sat upon, I walked up to my apartment, pulled out my key, and slid it into the key hole; unlocking my door only so that I could walk in to plop myself down onto my leather couch.

Earlier today had been pretty shitty considering none of my friends felt the need to go out of their way to talk to me, so I'm exhausted from that emotional stress, and to top it off, the thought of working later tonight isn't helping my mood. I was beginning to ponder the possibility of maybe canceling my plans to hang out with Zach, until he had knocked on my front door in a rhythmic pattern.

"Hello? Some friend of mine sent me to this apartment. He said there's a hot and available brunette who lives here. I was just wondering if she was free to hang out," Zach joked from outside, making himself giggle with his stupid lie.