。(𝕽𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖙𝖙𝖔 xGF!Reader): It's 4ÆM and I Can't Sleep

Theme: Only In My Dreams by The Marías

————
I blow the cold air out my lungs as I get out of my car and close the door. It was mid-winter now, and not much was going on except for work. My heels click against the pavement as I adjust the strap of my bag up my arm, approaching my boyfriend's house. It was three in the morning and I was finally done with my shift at the local hospital. Having odd nurse hours was always fun with him, because he was always up at the right times doing god knows what.

I open the front door and take off my shoes. Nowadays I stayed at his place way more often then mine; we had become so close it was only natural to get into this type of rhythm. I hang my coat up on the coat hanger and sigh as I walk down the hallway to the living room, looking for him. I place my car keys in my bag.

"Risotto~," I sing happily. I turn the corner to see the living room dark and empty, so I go upstairs to the office. The door is cracked open and some light eerily floods out into the dark hallway. I bite my lip excited to see him. I hope he likes my new knee socks I got just to tease him. I peak through the door before I open it, catching a glimpse of his legs crossed sitting in the desk chair. I fully open the door.

"Ris—" I'm caught off guard at this moment I've been blessed to experience: Risotto is looking down seriously, but not just at anything...he's looking down at the stuffed animal I left at his house. I blush remembering the night I had brought it, because I was sad, but the way it ended was a total surprise. My face heats up as I reminisce the events that rolled out and the pleasure he had given me to make me feel better; now when I looked at my stuffed bunny, Baby Memi...she would always have that memory attached to her.

He looks at me and I could've sworn I seen a faint blush on his stoic face.

"What are you...doing..." I ask curiously. He stares at me for a while and then places the bunny back on the desk, shifting a little in the seat.

"This toy..." He starts, "Is it more comforting then me? Is that why you brought it last time?" Risotto says lowly as he looks ahead at his reflection in the computer screen. I let go of my grip on the door knob and look at him surprised. I search for the words I wish to say and then sigh embarrassed.

"Well...no...its just...what I hold when I cry myself to sleep at night..." I say, honestly. "I've been doing that since I was six..." However, since I became a nurse I've been using it more often. I worked in ER. It was hard when I couldn't save people.

I shake my thoughts and lighten up the mood. "Why, are you jealous?" I say smiling. I walk over to him as he answers.

"Of course not." He says. I move his crossed leg over, uncrossing it so I can sit on his lap. I sit down and wrap my left arm around his shoulder. It's hard to tell from his brick wall expressions, but I can tell he's surprised by my quick movements. I hold onto one of his bells playing with it. I giggle at him as it jingles and I smile.

"Then you missed me, that's it, huh?" He doesn't answer, he just looks away and wraps an arm around my waist. I grab his face and turn his head, forcing him to kiss me. It takes a minute, but he kisses me back. I let myself out of the kiss and sigh.

"Today someone came into the ER with a ring stuck in their throat." I shake my head. "That's got to be the dumbest mistake I've come across since I became a nurse." I shift in his lap and he smirks slightly at me.

"Did they swallow it?" He asks moving the chair closer to the desk. Risotto turns the laptop on and begins to type. I turn on his lap and wrap my legs around his waist resting my head in the nook of his neck and shoulder. I take in his scent. The sound of his rough fingers hitting thee keys fills up the room.