(Mista x Reader) Here, Again?! (pt1)

•••THE FOLLOWING IS A 3 PART SERIES NAMED (X CATCH: 24 HOURS) please enjoy!

I stretch my arms in front of me and try to catch my breath. I sit on my yoga mat, my hand on my chest to calm my heart down from my work out. I get up and grab my water bottle on the table, opening it up. However, before my lips can even touch the bottle-

"Damn look at those jugs! Gotta love this treat before dinner, right Mista?" I grin to myself. The tiny voice then shrieks a muffled scream.

"Shut up number six." I hear Mista say agitated.

"Spying again, I see..." I say without turning around.

"I wasn't spying...I came to fill you in." Mista says, revealing himself from behind the cracked door. When I told the gang I was exercising in our spare room I meant to be alone, but there was always an interruption. First Fugo wanted to discuss quantum physics, then Bruno needing me to tell him the location of a restaurant I was forced to memorize, and lastly the ever famous Narancia decided to throw a ball at me.

He pulls out a crumpled paper, walking up to me. I bend down and roll up my mat. "There was...um...a quick meeting that you probably won't be to happy about and....Uh..." He sounds nervous as he scratches the back of his head.

"Just give it here." I snatch the paper out of his hand and examine it. The map was drawn in purple ink, a route for a long mission. It ran from our location to the next in thick ink, the pin points being targeted. On the bottom '24 Hours' was circled, and next to that our names.

"Why are we the only ones on this route?" He looks into my eyes hesitantly. Those dark brown eyes...

"Bruno made it a two person mission...apparently we're going in alone to assassinate a few people..."

"What?! This isn't fair...I don't want to be stuck with you for an entire day without sleep! I'll go crazy...!"

"Yeah, (Y/n), I'm really excited about this too, but Bucciarati insists. He says he'll keep communication with us from the side lines while the others do...side quests I guess. He wasn't really clear about it..." I groan to myself and crouch on the floor. My stand had the power to create illusions before one's eyes, so I'd probably scare the hell out of whoever we're fighting before Mista laid a bullet clean on them we usually did. We were the perfect duo. But I didn't want him.

Nope.

I didn't.

"UGGGH WHY DOES MY STAND HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS...WHY COULDNT I HAVE GOTTEN AN AIRPLANE LIKE NARANCIA!" Did I mention my stand was very dangerous to others because it constantly upgrades its abilities? Usually it absorbs enemy stand users abilities and uses them against them; I get to keep those powers until I fight another stand user. This time I was left with the power to make illusions appear before ones eyes. It was fun, but sometimes tiring.

"Hey, tough shit kid." Mista says smirking with his eyes closed. He puts his hands in his pockets.

"I'm like one year younger then you yah idiot... but you know what?" I say putting my hands in the air. "Fuck it. Whatever." I stand up and grab my rolled up yoga mat and sigh. I turn to him. His lean chiseled body almost hovered above me at my height. I hold back a blush. I look up at him. "And stop using your stand to peep on me when I workout or I'll tell Bruno."

"Shut up, you know I can't control whatever the little shits say..." He says throwing his hand in the air.

"Well make them before I do." I say shoving past him.

"There goes your chances with her Mista! This whole back and forth thing really stirs me up inside..." I hear Number Five's soft whiney voice say. It's sounds like it's about to cry and I feel the same way. 'His chances with...me?'