7.

Saira had fallen asleep shortly after Hamza had left her room. A good three hours of siesta later the door of her room was pushed open making her scamper up disoriented.

"Sorry." Alisha said with a guilty face. "I had knocked a couple of times but you don't respond."

"I am a heavy sleeper." Saira said shrugging her shoulders. "And it's alright, it's your house you don't have to apologies."

"Well, I'm here to call you for dinner, the dining table is set and everyone is waiting for you."

"It's dinner time already ? No wonder I've been dreaming of food." Saira said with a pout making Alisha laugh.

"Come down we are waiting for you."

Saira stretched herself on the bed, relaxing all her knotted muscles before stepping down from the bed. She headed to the washroom attached to the room and quickly washed her face.

Saira had opted for wearing a sky blue kurta with a matching salwar and chiffon dupatta which was sent for her.

Quickly descending down the stairs she made her way towards where the laughter echoed from the entire Mir family occupied the chairs around the table minus bebe and with the addition of a new face.

"Assalam Walekum sorry I'm late." She said walking awkwardly towards the table fidgeting with the hem of her kurta.

"You are just on time." Zohaib said with a smile and indicated to sit next to Alisha who was sandwiched between her and Hamza.
Ayaan sat opposite to her and next to him sat the new addition of a handsome face.

"Suna hai uske badan ki tarash aisi hai, ki phul apni qabaaen katar ke dekhte hai. Suna hai log use aak-." (I've heard that body is carved so finely that even flowers take a peek at her after snipping off their petals/clothes.)

"Aankh bhar ke dekhte hai, so uske shahr me kuch dinn thahar ke dekhte hai." Saira said completing the lies from the ghazal of her favourite poet interrupting the young man.
(I've heard that people take an eyeful of her, her beauty, so let's stay in her town for a few days and see.)
(NOTE: I've given you the most suited translation of this ghazal but trust me, I can't (nor can anyone) do justice to Faraz Sahab's beautiful words :,) )

"No way." He said looking at Saira with wide eyes. "You..you knew the lines."

"Why would I not ? Faraz sahab is my favourite poet." Saira with a wide smile.

"Bade abbu sunna aapne, mera nikkah padha de inse, toh kya hua kuch saal chota hu Saira se please bade abbu."  (Uncle call the priest, get us married now!)

"Sameer, you're making her uncomfortable." Hamza hissed.

"I don't think so." Ayaan said laughing. "To think about it when i first met Saira she reminded me of Sameer, she wanted to marry Zoravaar bhaijaan in the morning because of his parathas how is she any different than Sameer."

"What do you mean by when you first met Saira ? And when did Saira have Zoravaar's parathas ?" Safa Chachi asked.

"W..Woh Chachi we actually had packed breakfast for Saira." Hamza replied quickly.

"What I meant was when I met her today after long." Ayaan said trying to sound convincing.

"Bade abbu and Sameer bhai are poets at heart." Alisha whispered informing Saira.

"Hamza you didn't tell us how your Balakot campaign was." Mariam asked helping herself with some biryani and qorma.

"It was hardly a campaign Ammi, I just delivered two speeches that's all-."