13.

The cars stopped inside the palacial house of the Husaini's. They all got down one after the other and walked towards the house where the grooms side of the family was waiting for them.

Alisha hopped out of the car after Saira and dusted her kurta to ease out the wrinkles.
"What sort of a marriage is this, everything works in the opposite direction here. The Nikkah is taking place at the grooms house and the walima at the brides. Zara puch le, rukhsati Aiman ki honi hai ya Abrar bhai ki." Alisha grumbled earning chuckles from Ayaan and Sameer while Saira hushed her trying to suppress her own laughter. (You better ask them if Aiman is going to be sent of to their house or is Abrar Bhai coming along)

The white and beige walls of house were highlighted with strands of twinkling fairy lights coving the entire length of the tall mansion walls. Huge oil lamps were lit lighting the entire pathway to the house.

"Impressive." Ayaan muttered.

"Very." Saira agreed looking at the rich exterior and the extravagant decoration.

They stepped into the palacial house of the Husaini's, it was a palace it couldn't be called anything else.

The entire interior house was decorated with strings marigolds. People were rushing in and out, a dozen or two of waiters were roaming around with trays carrying colourful drinks and snack.

"Phupho made sure to choose the richest family she could." Sameer said leaning towards them as they stopped behind the elders of the Mir family in the middle of the large foyer.

"Of course she would, money is all they -." Alisha was cut in by a thick commanding voice.

"Mir Zohaib Saheb." The booming voice made them turn their neck towards the source.

A man wearing a plain white silk kurta decended down the spiral marble stairs with a thin ebony black walking stick in his arm which Saira was sure was just an accessory and not actually used for the purpose of assisted walking.

"So good to see you in the poor man's hut." He walked down and stood in front of Mir Zohaib. His white turban adding to his already tall height.

Saira watched as the man took Mir Zohaib's hand in his giving it an enthusiastic shake.

"Poor man's hut ?" The new addition to the group made their focus shift from the older man to the one standing next to them. "By stealing public wealth he has built himself a palace and he calls this a poor man's hut." Hamza grumbled watching the older Husaini sharply.

"Shh bhai they will hear you." Sameer shushed his older brother who was clearly displeased.

"Like I care honestly."

"Hamza, breath." Saira who stood next to him said. "Just 6 more days to go."

"6 more days to go." He repeated closing his eyes and calming himself down.

The watched a lady stepped beside the man in the white kurta wearing a colourful salwar kameez and introduced herself as Mrs. Husaini with a genuine polite smile. She then guided them further into the house.

The procession was lead to the backyard which spread over acres of land. A massive colourful tent was set in for the days function. A wooden swing was placed in the centre of the tent and mattresses were spread across on the grassy ground with colorful silk cushions placed around.