16

The function had finished smoothly. Or as smooth it could go with phupho cribbing and Aiman whining about how things weren't arranged properly.

Aiman sat on the swing with her mother, while Safa and Mariam sat on the sofa as the last of guest left the place.

"I'm so tired, I hope the tiredness doesn't reflect on my face tomorrow." Aiman complained touching her face.

"Ek chaamach toh hilaya nahi hai, I'm so tired bol rahi hai." Alisha whispered to Saira. (Hasn't lifted a spoon and says I'm tired)

"Let it go Ali, five more days." Saira replied.

"Can't wait to get out of here, I -."

"Alisha." Aiman called out to her. "Go fetch me a glass of orange juice."

"What ?" Alisha replied. "Why don't you go get it for yourself or did I miss the part where I was getting paid to be ordered around by you so let me-."

"Bhabhi kuch sikhaye isse. Kaisi mu phat ho gayi hai." Phupho said looking at Safa and Mariam. "Also make sure she stays with the right company." She then directed her jib towards Saira.

"Our kids are in the best company and have had the best up bringing Farah you don't have to worry about that." Mariam said looking sharply at Farah. "Meri jaan go get juice for everyone please." She said looking at Alisha.

"Ji badi Ammi." Alisha replied.

"I'll help you." Saira said and followed Alisha to the kitchen.

"I'm going to break her head someday. Allah Abrar bhai and unki family ko iss balla se bachaye." (Allah save Abrar and his family from her)

"Let it be Alisha, you'll only disturb yourself thinking about all of this. I don't think unhe koi farak padhta hai."

Saira pulled out glasses from the cabinet and arranged them on tray while Alisha pulled the jug of juice from the fridge and started filling them.

"Allah miya thank you, thank you, thank you." Alisha said looking up at the ceiling.

"What are you thanking him for ?"

"For making bade abbu refuse to phupho's whim and wish of marrying her blonde daughter to bhai. Unka toh pura irada tha Aiman ko Hamza bhai ke gale bandhne ka."

"No way." Saira chuckled.

"Truly. Imagine what our lives would be." She said with a shudder.

"We'll that's true but it would be comical if Hamza ended up with someone like her." Saira laughed.

"Na jaane ye Ayeza kaisi hogi." Alisha mumbled.

"Ayeza who ?"

"Ayeza Javed, she is a lawyer and they are -."

"Aap dono maharaniya yaha hai." Aiman's overly sweet voice made them turn towards the door. She walked into the kitchen and picked a glass from the tray which Alisha had filled.
"I thought the two of you had gone picking oranges with the time you are taking."

"You are such-."

"Ali, beta let's go." Saira said picking one of the tray from the counter and walking out of the kitchen, Alisha did the same not before throwing an angry glance at Aiman.

When the girls reached the lounge Farah phupho too had left and the two girls secretly thanked god that she had.

They passed around the glasses and placed the rest on the table.

Saira sat next to Sameer and Alisha sat on the swing which had been occupied by Aiman the whole evening.

"Aiman ki shaadi nahi aafat ho gayi hai." Alisha said.