◇Chapter 4◇

(100 reads is a lot for meh, thx so much!)

-=3rd person P.O.V=-

Nightmare returned unharmed after that weird incident. He was very confused on why someone would save a murderer like him. It was now sunset and Dream would be back at any second. When he got back to his home, he saw a group of people making graffitis with knives on the majestic tree.

Nightmare

"Hey! Don't touch the tree!"

Boy

"We can do whatever we want, we don't take orders from monsters like you."

Nancy

"Hah! Nice one."

Nightmare

"But this is my home!"

Nancy

"We. Don't. Care."

Nightmare

"Okay then, I'm giving you 10 seconds to run or you'll all get it!"

Nancy and the others ran off as they gave the prince 'the bird'. As Dream came back, everything was okay. They both went to bed waiting for the next day to come. 

-=Morning Time=-

Dream dragged his brother to the funeral of the 5 children.

Mayor

"We are so sad to announce that those kids were murdered. When we find the murderer, he will be either sentenced to death or life in prison!"

The others cheared to the punishement of the murderer.

Mayor

"We will let the withness speak."

A lady with a big red dress climbed onto the stage and said in fear and terror.

Red Dress

"I-I saw a glimpse of t-the murderer... all I-I remember i-is that they were short."

Mayor

"Thank you for your time."

They then proceeded to bury the children. Nightmare was quite proud of all the negative emotions he was getting from this and slightly smiled. Finally, the bullies were gone. No more trouble...

...Right?

Nightmare P.O.V

I awaited for everyone to leave and go back home. I told Dream to head to our tree and wait for me there. I slowly stalked Red Dress home and waited for this woman to head to bed. When she was sleeping, I quietly opened the back door (which was left unlocked). I slipped through the staircase leading upstairs with ease and opened the bedroom door, my knife in hand. I slowly slit her throat (I corrected it now thx!) open and the blood leaked onto the pillow and covers. I then found the nearest exit (window) and slid out of it, onto the roof tile. I then turned around to see no other than the mystery man.

???

"Hello there Night."

Nightmare

"What do you want from me you cloaked freak?!"

???

"It's mean to call someone similar to you like that."

Nightmare

"I  don't get it! What is so similar to you and me. Me and my twin are the only two monsters in this city so get lost kid."

???

"...Do you still cut yourself?"

Nightmare

"...How do you know..."

???

"I just know when there's something wrong."

Nightmare

"...Fine, I only cut myself when I kill."

The figure then dissapeared. He was confused..

Nightmare

"..."

The twin returned to the home and slept another long... dreamless night.