Susanoo Smash [58]

Beginne am Anfang

"By the time you read this, I am already dead..."

"My father died long ago."

I had cried enough tears to last a life time.
My grieving could wait. This war couldn't.

Our attention was grabbed  by chatter ahead and I tensed as we stepped out into open area in the sewers. It reminded me almost of an underground hideout.

They're all here...

Every single vigilante with exception of the few like Knuckle duster had gathered there, including the ones that had managed to escape Tartarus. The only villains that stood amongst the bunch were the ones abandoned by the league and the ones that followed Stains ideology. Theres gotta be atleast over a hundred here...enough to turn the tide against Shigaraki's Army...

I could feel hundreds of eyes on me and Shoto, most dirty looks of mistrust as the crowd parted for us till we stood in front of the Hero Killer himself. The tension in the air was thick as Stain gave me and Shoto condescending looks whilst crossing his arms.

"I gotta say you both have a lot of nerve coming here asking for help."

The sound of knuckles cracking and the flicker of quirks activating in threat around us, made me and Shoto tense. Dabi has got us in, but their trust was something we'd have to earn.

"Dabi tells me that you need our help. That you want us to risk our freedom to help the fake heroes who want to take it from us. We're not heroes, why should any of give a damn about what happens to society? What's society ever done for us? Look around you, If it had not been for Hero societies failure, people like Shigaraki wouldn't exist in the first place. You have no one to blame but yourselves for this war." Stain exclaimed, gesturing toward everyone around us.

"And now you come to me, the Hero killer of all people for help? You're either foolish or downright desperate." He finished causing most to snicker. "Give me a reason, why we shouldn't join the liberation front."

I was silent for a moment, my gaze cast to the ground. He was right. I was not only desperate but foolish to ask for their help. Vigilantes hated heroes just about as much as Villains did. Vigilante's existed because of the mere fact that Hero society itself failed to deliver on more than one occasion.

"You're right...I am desperate..."

"Any human can die but living, living takes guts. Whether you like it or not, I know you have something to live for. I can tell that you have Darlings, even if they don't feel the same as long as they're worth loving, that's more than reason enough to give a shit about your world because theyre in it."

"And I am an idiot for even considering that any one in this room could give a shit about what happens to this world, let alone Musutafu..." I paused.

"I've done things I'm not proud of...I've sacrificed and lost so much because of this world...but despite all that, I'm still here. You once said that being a hero shouldn't be a job...that society was full of fakes. You were right...being a hero shouldn't be about the money, the fame, or the glory, it's about doing what's right and helping those who deserve  it within reach...and you shouldn't have to get bullshit certification to do that."

Lightly pushing myself away from Shoto, I turn slight to face those who listened.

"Like many of you, I'm not a hero...but I am not the villain ronin. I'm just a person trying to do the right thing. I fight for my friends. I fight for my Nakama...I fight for the people I love whether it breaks the rules or not." Inhaling deeply, "Musutafu is our city and Shigaraki wants to take it for himself?! Now, I'm not asking you to be the hero and save the day but I'm asking you to come out of the shadows and do what you've been doing all along...Fight...fight for your city! And show the fakes how it's done!"