Chapter 43

Rikki's POV

"Rikki wait!" He shouts as I run back to the beach house.

"Go away." I yell. I'm nearly to the house, but that's when I feel the familiar grip around my arm.

"Please." He pleads. "We need to talk."

4 hours earlier

It was another amazing day slowly fading to night and I couldn't feel more content. The past couple days at the beach house have been quite wonderful. Once we got on spring break, Kylie left immediately to LA to see Niall, so I decided to leave the next morning to the beach house in Malibu. Most of my days have been spent writing, surfing, working out and seeing Sam. We get along really well and the other day he found out he will be able to attend NYU at the start of the fall semester.

Something I've been doing in my free time that I find very relaxing is painting. The beach house has a cute little studio with a lamo luser sorts of art supplies, so whenever I can't sleep or don't want to sleep, I paint. I mean I'm not very good at it, but hey art is art.

Tonight Sam, his friends and I are supposed to have a small bond fire at the beach with some drinks and some music. It's not a party or anything, we are just going to be sitting around the fire drinking, talking and what not.

Harry had his last show tonight and according to Mitch and Sarah it was "absolutely stellar". I couldn't say it to his face right now, but I'm so incredibly proud of him. I hope they are all celebrating together because they deserve it. I might not be on the best terms with harry or really any terms at all, but I could never and would never say anything bad about his career. He's amazing at what he does and he was meant to be on a stage.

"Alright, what do you think?" the hairdresser asks. As I look at my once long hair that now sits a little bit below my shoulders, I can't help but smile. My hair has also gotten a bit lighter from being in the sun pretty everyday, so it's like I got my dyed and everything.

"I love it, thank you so much." I tell her.

"Of course sweetie, anytime." She says as I stand up, heading for the door.

I hope in the car and drive back to the house to get ready for the night. As I've gotten to know Sam more I see him as a best friend than something more. Don't get me wrong, he's very attractive and a great person, but one I'm not ready for anything and two as much as I don't want to admit it, my heart is still stuck somewhere I'm not.

It's not like I want to impress anyone in particular, but there is nothing wrong with rocking a hot swimsuit. I pick out a red bikini which is a little cheeky, but unless we go night swimming i'll be wearing a pair of jen shorts. I leave my hair be in it's beach waves and for makeup all I put in is lip balm. I wasn't in the mood to put on shoes, so I left the house without them. It's not like I would be needing them anyway.

Heading out of the house I could see the moon and all the stars reflecting onto the water. It was such a perfect night, nothing could change that. I spotted the bond fire and immediately and walked over to Sam and his friends who were all sitting around the fire on blankets.

"Heyyyy Rikki" Sam said partially slurred.

"Drunk already?" I asked with a laugh.

"Nooo, only slightly tipsy." He said with a huge grin.

"Right." I said rolling my eyes playfully.

"Rikki, say hello to my friends Elliot, Bex, Hyde, Alice, Josh and his boyfriend Slater." Said motioning to everyone.

"Hi." I said with a small wave.

"Hey." Everyone replies in unison.

I took a seat next to Sam and he grabbed me a beer from the cooler taking the cap off for me. We all sat around the fire talking about whatever until Bex asked me something. "So Rikki, what brings you all the way to the west coast?"

"Spring break and the need to just get away from everyone and everything." I speak truthfully.

"Ah running away from your problems....been there." Alive speaks up.

"I- I'm not running away from them." I tell her.

"Girl im not saying it's wrong, just be honest with urself. Are you or are you not running away from your problems?" She asks. I thought about it for a little. Was I running away? I mean I left to figure things out and i'm here for spring break right? right?

"I- I guess I am, but the reason I went home to New York was to figure myself out and become independent, which I am, but my problems aren't somewhere, they're with someone." I tell them.

"I'm gonna need you to explain." Alice says. I've got nothing to lose so I started from the beginning, when I met him and how I feel hopelessly in love. I tell them everything, how I miss him like hell, but I'm too afraid to do anything about it and to talk to him. How I use my anger to push everything else away.

"And that's pretty much it." I say as Sam looks at me wide eyed.

"Shit man." Alice says.

"Mhm." I reply. "So what should I do?" I ask.

"Well that's ur decision to make, but I strongly suggest u talk that shit out. Keeping that stuff on your shoulders isn't good for your soul and you can't live freely knowing you've still got shit to deal with." Bex speaks up.

"Ya I guess, but definitely not right now." I say with a laugh.

"Why not?" I hear a voice say from behind me, one that I didn't think I'd be hearing, especially tonight. I don't dare to move a muscle trying to convince myself it's a dream until Slater says "Holy shit that's Harry Styles, your Harry Styles."

I decided that it's now or ever if I want to get out of here so I leap up out of my seat and make a run back to the house.

"Rikki wait!" He shouts as I run back to the beach house.

"Go away." I yell. I'm nearly to the house, but that's when I feel the familiar grip around my arm.

"Please." He pleads. "We need to talk."

"I- fuck." I say. He then gives me an oh so familiar look and I give in and say "Fine."

________________________________

Woah it's been a hot minute. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. So obviously you guys know I took some time off. I didn't actually understand how much I needed this until now. I had just started school when i last updated and it was like a slap in the face. I literally had assignments the first day. I also have been dealing with some personal stuff and I haven't felt like myself. It's only been a month and I've had too much shit to deal with. I want to thank you all for understanding and I want to thank you for 60K reads !!!!! Like WTF how. I'm so grateful and I will see you soon. Lmk if u guys have any predictions about the next chapter ;)
( sorry for any typos !!)

 Lmk if u guys have any predictions about the next chapter ;)  ( sorry for any typos !!)