Ch. 14: Rage, You Damn Nerd

(F/N's POV)

[PBS: Also, figured I'd mention this now in case I didn't before, from here on out I'm going to refer to the 1-A students by their actual names even if F/N hasn't really met them, just to make it easier for me to write and you to know who I'm talking about]

When I got home from the first day at U.A., I couldn't get what Tsu said to me after school about my secret out of my head. She said that she wasn't sure if it was a good idea to keep my vigilante past a secret from the class and I couldn't help but see her argument. If we all are going to be working towards the same thing, we're going to need to work together at times. If we all became heroes, we'd need to rely on each other and have mutual trust. It's a lot harder working alone, I know that more than anyone.

At the same time, I just met these guys. Could I really trust them with something so important? Midoriya, maybe, but what about the others? For now, if anyone sees my abilities, they could think I'm just a fan of the Spider vigilante and I have mimicked his fighting style after he was arrested. That's the story Mr. Aizawa, All Might, and Principal Nezu told me to keep for the time being. They would say the same if asked about it. With time, maybe I could learn to work with the others, but for now, I had to keep up this secret. It was dangerous enough that Flash and Tsu knew the truth.

After eating dinner and looking over the syllabus, I went to bed early that night, contemplating my current situation. The next day it was back to the grindstone.

---

The next morning, I woke a bit early to get to school before classes began. Part of me wanted to hear Mr. Aizawa's opinion on this whole thing so I wanted to talk to him before the others got to school. I ate breakfast, hopped on the train, and was at U.A. not too much later. I wandered to 1-A and opened the large door. I found Mr. Aizawa at the podium, going through some of his notes.

F/N: "Good morning, Mr. Aizawa."

Aizawa: "Good morning, Parker. You're here a bit early."

F/N: "Well, there was something I wanted to ask you."

Aizawa: "Go ahead, but try to keep it brief. I have a few things to go through before the day begins."

F/N: "Well, it's about my secret. The vigilante thing. I've been feeling a bit...conflicted, I guess."

Aizawa: "What do you mean?"

F/N: "It's just that, I want the others to trust me. If we become heroes, I want to work with them while maintaining a mutual understanding. I'd feel bad keeping this from them if that happens."

Aizawa: "I understand your perspective. However, it would be dangerous for this information to get out to too many people. Let's say you tell your classmates and one of them drops out of U.A. After that, they'll be free with that information. They could tell whoever they wanted. I don't want to think any student at U.A. would do such a thing, but the possibility exists. If the media were to find out a vigilante was pardoned of his crimes, it'd sew the seeds of doubt in society about the heroes who protect them, even if the vigilante in question is just a kid."

F/N: "I understand. I've thought about that myself. Not to mention that if my enemies found out about my identity, it'd mean trouble for my family and U.A. Both could become a target, especially for someone as powerful as the Kingpin."

Aizawa: "The Wilson Fisk is still in hot water after that information about his shady dealing was exposed, but I agree with what you are saying. For now, let's leave this secret between you, the police, and the faculty at U.A. Your other teachers are aware of the situation and will act accordingly when necessary. However, I hope the other students will soon prove themselves as trustworthy heroes in training. I would then allow you to reveal your secret, but only to Class 1-A. The fewer the people that know, the better. Understood?"