Ch. 24: Break In, Break Out

Italics = Thoughts

(F/N's POV)

Deciding her motorbike would be a bit more discreet than the car, Yuri and I rode on that on our way to the Oscorp facility. I also had a coat on over top my suit to cover it up as we drive. I spoke up as we drove.

F/N: "You know, I could have swung to Oscorp."

Yuri: "Yeah, that's a no-go. We're trying to be discreet. If you start swinging around like normal, someone might notice. Besides, you move just like you did when you were a vigilante. It would be pretty awkward for the police if we arrested you months ago, yet here is someone who is traveling through the city who looks just like the spider. People would think we released you. Which we did but they can't know that."

F/N: "I guess you're right. Though with this get-up and this covert, against-the-law mission, aren't I kinda a vigilante again?"

Yuri: "I guess you got me there. In some ways, so am I. As a police officer, I really shouldn't be doing this, but the other way would take far too long."

F/N: "So this is our move. Nice bike, by the way."

Yuri: "Thanks."

Before long, we reached our destination. Yuri drove into a back alley a couple blocks away from the facility, still with it in sight around the corner. This wasn't the main Oscorp building in Japan, but it was where my field trip took me all those months ago. If anything I'm glad it wasn't the main building since I'm much less likely to run into Norman. That would be awkward. We got off the bike and took a look around the corner, then began to deliberate on a game plan.

Yuri: "So unfortunately I don't have a layout of the facility and you've only been there once as a guest. I'm afraid we don't have much intel."

F/N: "Then again, that's why we're here. It's not my first time breaking into a place I don't know and I'm not welcome in. Security can't be much worse than Fisk Tower."

Yuri: "You're right. I have heard in recent months this place's staff had dropped significantly and its security with it. It's kind of a skeleton crew in there. Not really sure why, but it gives us a good opportunity to bust in and get some answers."

I unbuttoned the coat and took it off, placing it on the bike. Then I took my mask out and put it on.

(Replace the fingerless gloves for normal gloves. Don't won't to leave fingerprints behind)

 Don't won't to leave fingerprints behind)

F/N: "I'm ready when you are."

Yuri: "The mask has a built-in communication device. Just hold the button on your ear to respond to me. Double clicking it turns it off."

I press and hold the button.

F/N: "Check, check. One, two. One, two."

Yuri: "That wasn't necessary but yeah I hear you." Let's lay down some ground rules. Firstly, try really hard not to use your webshooters, especially in places you think people will notice it."