Ch. 19: Whatever It Takes

Italics = Thoughts

(F/N's POV)

There I was, facing down insurmountable odds. I was bloody, bruised, and tired. The hulking Nomu was standing above Midoriya as I held its arm in place with my webs, hoping to stop it from crushing my friend. Meanwhile, Shigaraki stood by me, ready to use his Quirk to turn me and Tsu to dust as we struggled to save Midoriya. 

However, when things seemed to be the most helpless, All Might arrived. Even the villains stopped what they were doing as he made his way to the top of the stairs, passing some of my other classmates on the way, who looked relieved to see the Symbol of Peace here. 

All Might: "I had a bad feeling... so I cut my talk with the principal short and came right away. I passed Young Iida on the way and got a rough idea of what had happened."

He looked angry as he spoke, enraged that he had not been here sooner to spare us of this situation.

All Might: "It's fine now! I am here!"

He tore off his blue tie as he said those iconic words.

Shigaraki stood up straight.

Shigaraki: "I've been waiting, hero. You worthless trash."

Thug #1: "That's All Might?! I've never seen him in person before...

Thug #2: "He looks so intimidating!"

Thug #3: "No backing down, you idiot! We're here to kill him!"

In the blink of an eye, All Might blitzed the group of villains and took each down in punches I couldn't even see. He broke the distance and took them all down in an instant. He made it to Mr. Aizawa and picked him up. Mr. Aizawa was badly beaten and bloody. He was unconscious and his body was limp in All Might's grasp. He was still breathing, but it sounded ragged and uneasy.

All Might: "I'm sorry, Aizawa."

He looked our way and in another flash, he picked up Midoriya, Tsu, Mineta, and me all in one fell swoop. He also managed to smack Shigaraki's hand off his face, knocking it to the ground. He put us back down once we were a short distance from the villains. 

All Might: "Everyone, go to the entrance. I'm leaving Aizawa to you. He's unconscious. Hurry!"

Mineta: "Y-Yes, sir!"

Tsu: "Ribbit."

Midoriya and I were hesitant to jump to do what he said. I guess we were both concerned about the situation. Midoriya reluctantly slung Mr. Aizawa on his back and Mineta grabbed our teacher's legs to help.

F/N: "All Might, they're strong. Let me stay and help you."

Without turning to look at me, he spoke.

All Might: "No, Young F/N. You are injured, too. Not as badly as Aizawa, but still. Young Iida told me how you helped Aizawa. You've done enough. Leave it to me now."

F/N: "But..."

He was right. A little voice in my head wanted to sit back and do what he said. I was exhausted, a little bloody, and bruised all over. I wanted a good long rest, but this whole situation made me feel off.

Midoriya: "It's no use, All Might! That brain villain! One For-- I mean, my attack wasn't strong enough to break my own arm, but he didn't even flinch! He's gotta be--"