Ch. 10.5: Private Investigations

[The picture that's on the cover for this chapter was taken by me in Spider-Man PS4. I'm going to start including some pictures I've taken in the game by photo mode into the chapters. It's fun for me since I'm playing the game again.]

{Also this chapter is relatively short and is a small bit of filler. It's not super important, but it's a little something to hold you all over until the next real chapter. Hope you enjoy!}

(F/N's POV)

Just one month. One month until the UA entrance exam. I was given the material I needed to study and got into it right away. Every moment I had free from school or work was spent studying for the exam and thinking of strategies. I stuck with Flash for most of my studying, meeting with him at the library after school. He had already showed me his notes before I knew I was going to take the exam so I already had a good starting place to study from. 

The two police officers remained close by to watch me. The first officer, usually the one driving was named Kaito Nakamura, a man who had went through the academy alongside Officer Watanabe. She trusted him greatly and personally asked he be assigned to watch their web-headed friend AKA me. He was a man that played by the rules but tried not to be a stickler. His partner, Reo Takahashi was the younger of the two and was only 23 years old. He was very calm and collected, a relaxed man who made sure his partner didn't stress the small stuff. However, when on the job and in a dangerous situation, he was the kinda guy you could rely on. I tried to talk to the two of them to get to know them on a personal level. They even told me they were with Mr. Aizawa to arrest Mysterio and read the note I left. Ever since then they had been interested in my case.

With preparations for the exam underway, I was busy with studying, school, and my job for the whole month. However, there was something I wanted to do that I had been holding off for a while. I still had the mask I took from one of the robbers at the Fisk auction. I had kept this hidden from the police and pro heroes. I told Officers Nakamura and Takahashi about the masked men, but they told me this new gang only appeared recently. They were taking advantage of the controversy around Fisk and his absence to take his territory and assets. The officers didn't know where they came from.

I took the mask with me to school one day, with the hope of getting Martin Li to look at it and possibly identify it. I would go to F.E.A.S.T. after school and show it to him. Martin Li had a degree in art history, so I was hoping he could identify the mask. Technically the police wanted me to head straight home after school if I didn't have work, but I was hoping the two officers would go easy on me. After all, I wanted to visit my aunt while she was busy there too. I stuffed the mask in my backpack and kept it there throughout the day. When the day ended I went straight out the school's main entrance and saw the police car across the street with the two officers inside.

I walked across the street over to them and knocked on the driver side window. Nakamura reeled the window down to listen to me.

F/N: "Officers, how are we?"

Nakamura: "Hey, kid. How was school?"

F/N: "Same old, same old. Can wait to get out there. Know what I mean?"

Takahashi: "Sure do. What's up? You want a ride or something?" 

F/N: "Not really, but I was wondering if I could stop by F.E.A.S.T. before heading home for the day."

Nakamura: "Technically, if you aren't at school or work, we are to make sure you are home."

Takahashi: "Come on, Nakamura. He hasn't tried anything. He know what kind of trouble he'd get into if he did, right, kid?" 

F/N: "Absolutely. I just wanted to stop in on my aunt and give her a hand if she needs it."

Nakamura: "Fine. You're not gonna make me regret it, are you?"