Vigilante Chronicles #5: Vulture (Pt. 3)

(F/N's POV)

I emerged from the destroyed warehous and put my mask on as I went after Vulture who was getting ready to take off from the billboard he was perched on in order to intercept the Oscorp plane now taking off. He didn't see me coming as he took off, likely assuming I was crushed under the warehouse. He took off with his new and improved exoskeleton just as I reached the top of the billboard. I shot a web at Vulture's exoskeleton which latched on and made it so he was pulling me as he took off. His more powerful turbine was so strong that he didn't even notice the weight of my body hanging off of him as he ascended. The plane was getting above the clouds and Vulture did the same to pursue it, pulling me way above the ground, higher than I've ever been. Falling from this height would definitely kill me, so I clung to my web more tightly as the wind whipped around me.

Vulture reached the bottom side of the plane and latched on using his wings. He folded the exoskeleton to protect himself from the strong winds as he used another tool to cut into the bottom of the plane. As he cut into the plane, I grabbed onto the plane and stuck using my powers, letting go of the web that I attached the vulture. Against the strong winds I began to slip on the surface and nearly flew off, but shot a web strong on the surface to stay attached. I slowly recovered and crawled to Vulture's exoskeleton. I tried to pull it open, but it wouldn't budge. Little did I know Vulture had a camera on the exoskeleton which showed me messing around with it. He was inside the cockpit of the plane, which did not have any pilots or people inside because it was built for autopilot. 

As I tried to pry the exoskeleton off of the plane, Vulture got back onto the exoskeleton and flew off the plane, scaring me by the sudden movement. As he flew around the plane, I tried to climb up the side of the plane, but he came back and swung the sharp end of his wings at me. I ducked as it cut into the plane. I shot a web onto his wings as he flew past, then shot another from my other hand onto the plane, stopping his fly forward. My webs suddenly broke off and I was free falling towards one of the plane's turbines. I webbed the turbine, causing it to stop spinning and break as I collided with it, causing the fan to fall out entirely. Vulture ran into the wing of the plane as a small part of his wings cut into the turbine to the right of mine, causing it to smoke and catch fire as he flew off. I climbed on top of the right wing of the plane then crawled to the main body of the plane on the roof. I saw Vulture flying back towards me and dodged out of the way as he swooped down and hit the roof of the plane with his talons. He flew back and tried again, closer this time, forcing me to slip backwards on the plane to avoid. 

Vulture forced me further back to the point where I almost fell into the turbine on top of the plane's roof. The scrap metal that scraped off of the plane flew into the turbine causing it to smoke and catch fire. I shot a web as I flew into the air to latch onto the turbine as I hung off the plane. Three of the five turbines on the plane were damaged and on fire (2 of which are on the same wing) and we were losing altitude. Vulture was trying to cut into the roof of the plane in an attempt to get in there and get something before trying to escape. As the plane descended through the clouds, the city came in to the view right in the direction the plane was going.

F/N: "Oh my God."

(Play 2:05 of the song above)

I needed to change the plane's trajectory so that it doesn't crash into any buildings below. I climbed back onto the plane and stood up carefully, doing all I could just to stand against the strong winds. I then shot a web string at the left wing flap. I used all my strength to pull it towards me, forcing the plane to turn so that it avoids the tall buildings of the city around it. As I did this, Vulture broke through the plane's roof and was trying to pry out a box of Oscorp power cells. I successfully guided the plane through the buildings, catching the attention of pedestrians below. The plane was getting closer to the ground as we came upon a beach underneath us. My web string ripped causing me to slip and fall on the roof as I clung to it for dear life. The plane's left wing bumped into a bright tower at the amusement park next to the beach, causing the plane's wing to break off and the plane turn as it crashed into the sand below. The whole plane was on fire as it slid on the beach and I flew off of the plane. It broke to pieces, scattering scrap all over the beach as well as fire and throwing Vulture and I off of the plane. I rolled and scraped the ground before coming to a stop, feeling dazed and exhausted.