Triple Tag Battle Madness!

Start from the beginning

The eight battlers all spoke quiet words to their Pokemon before Clemont raised his hand. "Alright, everyone: let the battle begin!"

"Let's do it, Pikachu! Electro Ball!" Ash began immediately.

Shauna giggled. "I somehow knew Ash would go first. Ivysaur, use Energy Ball!"

"Help her out!" Pine added, "Use Brick Break!"

"Vapor, help him out by using Scald to burn away the oncoming attacks!" Crystal countered.

"Use Stone Edge!" Nic instructed her canine.

"Oh no you don't! Houndoom, Smog!" Shadow added. All five attacks dissipated in the poisonous mist.

"Hey hey hey!" Tierno yelled. "Now it's time for our rhythmic battle style. Kay Blastoise, Rapid Spin!" The turtle Pokemon spun from inside its shell and zoomed off toward the other side.

"Eevee, Protect!" Serena commanded, the Normal-Type summoning a barrier at the last second that protected their whole side of the field from the move. An entire turn had passed and they were at just as much of a standstill as before they started.

"Use Razor Leaf!" Shauna commanded Ivysaur to aim at Blastoise and Vapor. Pine did the same but with Thunder Punch.

"Step back and dodge them!" Tierno told his Pokemon, who did so successfully.

"And Vapor, you do the same!" Crystal added. Nic also had her teammate do so.

Ash looked proud that his friends were such competent battlers. "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!"

"Dodge it Eevee!" Serena exclaimed, but the Normal-Type froze up and tripped on its own paws, falling over.

"Houndoom, Incinerate, quick!" Just as the electric attack would have hit Eevee, the Dark- and Fire-Type leapt in front of the young Pokemon and breathed out a giant bunch of flames, which neutralized the move. Shadow glared at Serena. "I'm not always gonna be here to save your sorry butt, so you'd better stop relying on me," she snarled.

Eevee stood back up and gave the larger Pokemon a scared but thankful gaze, standing up. "Eevee, you might get scared in the heat of the moment but just stand up and show everybody how you can dance!"

"Two can play at that game!" Tierno grinned and his Pokemon started dancing in sync with him. Blastoise began cartwheeling over to the girls' side, and Crystal instructed Vapor to do the same but instead by doing graceful leaps and flips. "Use Water Gun!" Both of them exclaimed.

Meanwhile, Lycanroc followed them, doing twirls and jumps before firing off a Stomping Tantrum.

"Eevee, jump over it!" Serena countered.

"Get out of the way too, Ivysaur!" Shauna added. Both Pokemon were successful in evading the jets of water and shaking sections of the ground.

Shadow and Pine gave quick looks and knowing nods to their Pokemon. "Sludge Bomb!"

"Extreme Speed!"

While the other two escaped the attack, Houndoom side-stepped where the jets of water targeted and launched a bunch of acidic gunk near where the shiny Vaporeon was. Lucario ran like lightning, managing to topple Blastoise over. Meanwhile, Eevee- who landed near the Water-Type turtle- began to dance around it. "Vapor use Baby-Doll Eyes!"

The purple Water-Type leapt out of the way of the poisonous attack and batted its eyelashes, wiggling its fins and tail to appear more cute. Ivysaur, Houndoom, and Lucario were caught off-guard, momentarily frozen, which gave Tierno's starter the chance to stand up. "Pikachu, take this opening and use Iron Tail!" Ash instructed

Ivusaur ended up being the one who got hit, being knocked backwards by the attack. though it still landed on its feet. "You okay, Ivysaur?" Shauna concernedly asked her Pokemon, who nodded.

"The battle's still on!" Ash reminded them. "Keep your eyes open!"

"Oh, we will!" Ivysaur, Vine Whip!"

"Dodge it, Pikachu!"

"Scald attack on Houndoom!"

"Eevee, use Protect!"

"Lycanroc, Crunch!"

"Stop it with Meteor Mash, Lucario!"

"Outmaneuver it with your rhythm Blastoise!"

Eevee continued to dance around the water starter while putting up a protective barrier long enough to swallow up the burning jet of water. "Now, Swift!"

Blastoise was caught off-guard and was knocked back by the starry attack. Everyone stopped to exchange a few quick comments on the battle, before Crystal noticed something about Serena. She was staring at the ground and her hand was curled up. "Serena, what's wrong?"

The honey blonde looked up. "Can we pause the battle? That move made me think up a new routine and now I need to try it out! Right now!"

"Uh, okay..." Shauna and Tierno said.

Shadow looked especially irked by this, but Zenith came up to give her a pat on the shoulder, hoping she'd calm down. Serena called for her Pokemon so they could go rehearse, and the not-as-timid Eevee waved to its twin before walking off with its trainer. They ran up the steps at the end of the battlefield and disappeared.

"So the battle's over?" Bonnie wondered.

"No way, we can just battle each other!" Ash exclaimed. "Tierno, let's go!"

Crystal gave her black-haired sister a sheepish look. "You wanna continue, as well?"

"You bet," the noirette smiled mischievously. "It'll be nice having an opponent more on my skill level. Then I can go all-out for once. Arceus knows I need to get my frustration out somehow."

"Oh more than Arceus know about your temper problems," Pine called teasingly, returning Lucario to its Pokeball before walking over to Clemont. Nic bowed to the rest of the group and returned to the bench.

"We're gonna head off to work on our performances too!" Shauna interrupted their little sister feud. "That way Serena won't get a jump on us. See you all later!"

Ash and Tierno walked to one side of the battlefield with Clemont refereeing while Pine served as referee for the other side of the battlefield where Crystal and Shadow were. Zenith returned to her seat on the bench on the side to be able to keep tabs on both.

"Let the battles continue!"

~

Finally, a bit of action!