Breakfast and Interviews

En başından başla

"Bye, Elliot. Good luck with your interview. Call me when you're on your way to class!" She tells me and I agree before she's walking down the hallway and I'm making my way into my room.

After seeing I have only thirty minutes left, I put a little pep in my step as I finish getting ready, knowing punctuality is important in the work force.

Once my shoes are on and I double check my pockets, I make my way from my room and down the hallway where I see Mikey warming up to go work out. "Hey, man. You all set?" He asks me, always trying to make sure I'm okay, exactly like the brother I claim him as.

      "I'm all good. I go straight to class after the interview so I'll be home around four today." I tell him and he nods before straightening up to look at me.

      "You know you don't have to do this, right? My family has the money, and so do I. Having a job is unnecessary." He says and while I appreciate him looking out for me, I don't want to be babied or dependent on him for money, even if he is abundant in it.

       "I know, Mikey. But it wouldn't sit right with me." I tel him once more and he shakes his head and raises his hands in surrender.

       "Alright, bro. I'll see you later." He says and I nod to him before I grab my bag off of the coffee table and make my way out the door. The drive over to the aquarium doesn't take long, and I'm actually a few minutes early as I get out of the car and make my way inside.

     I follow the instructions from the email I was sent last night and end up at a cool desk, with a pretty older lady typing away in the computer. "Excuse me? My name is Elliot Green, I have an interview at eleven." I tell her and she looks up at me before giving me a bright smile.

      "Well aren't you handsome. Darren will be right out to get that done for you. I hope it goes well." She tells me with a wink and I chuckle. Something tells me that if I get the job I'll like this woman very much.

       "Thank you." I tell her just as a man comes around the corner with a polite smile and a clipboard in hand. He comes towards me with one of his hands outstretched for a handshake and I shake it, glad that I don't get the nervous sweat so many other people seem to.

       "Hello, Elliot. My name is Darren and I'll be doing your interview for you. Come this way will you?" He asks me and I turn and wave to the receptionist before following Darren down a hallway into an office. He goes to sit behind his desk and I grab one of the chairs across from him.

       "How are you today?" He asks me, starting with pleasantries and I am grateful for it, trying to get myself so stop panicking. I'm usually a very calm guy but for some reason as soon as I stepped into the building, my body started going crazy.

       "I'm fine, sir. A little nervous." I tell him and he laughs.

       "Understandable. Let's get right into it. So your application says that you're twenty and you are in college. Is there a certain schedule that you need because of class?" He asks and suddenly I am so grateful for what I chose to do.

       "No, sir. All my classes are online, we just have the options to go sit in on the classes live rather than watch the videos online whenever we want. So I can work any time." I tell him and he hums to himself with a small smile.

     "That's good, I was a bit worried about that. Any allergies I should know about?"

      "No, I doubt I will encounter it here." I tell him and he chuckles along with me. As the interview goes on, I begin to feel more at ease.

      "Do you work well with others?" He asks me and I nod my head immediately.

      "I won't say I'm exactly a people person, but I can hold a conversation and explain things pretty well." I tell him and the line of questioning goes on for a little while longer before he grins at me and placed the pen down in the table with finality.

      "Well, Elliot, I was a little skeptical, but you seem to be a great fit for us here. I will have to work on your schedule tonight and get it back to you tomorrow. I will try to give you two to three days this week just to get you used to working here before we get a more permanent one ready for you. How does that sound?"

      My cheeks are hurting from how hard I'm smiling as I reach over to shake Darren's hand again. "That sounds great sir. Thank you so much."I tell him and he brushes it off.

      "I will warn you, Elliot, you are one of the only humans working here at the moment." He tells me but I shrug my shoulders.

       "I figured that with the location and all. That won't be a problem at all." I tell him and he seems to be relieved by the statement.

       "That's good. Alright, I'm going to show you who will be training you, and then you can be on your way. And I'll make sure all of this paperwork gets done by Wednesday." He says and I thank him again. We get up from the desk and he leads me out of the office and down the hallway.

      Maybe things will turn out great after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Guys they're about to meet! Lol this is going to be so funny. Let's hope wattpad is working today because I'm really excited to write. I'm going to try and have everything up by ten. Let's do it.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Whats your sexual orientation?