-62- The Covenant of Destiny

POV Wang Yibo

Yibo's unlucky streak seems to be finally overcome and thanks to Zhan's help he finally starts to get better again. Thanks to Zhan's financial support, Yibo and Lian could not only keep their office and continue their work, but also hire an experienced person to take care of all this around.

The new manager not only ensured that the move to Zhan's parents' office went quickly and smoothly. He simply organized everything. From changing office hours, arranging appointments with schools and youth clubs and home visits to the families, as well as finding three experienced volunteers to help. He also hired an experienced professional and also found a family psychologist who wants to work with them.

Very quickly the manager became the most important and valuable employee for Yibo and Lian, and that in only four months. Thanks to him, they can take care of their work while he takes care of the rest. And because the manager is experienced and took care of everything, they finally started to make a good income.

But for Yibo this also meant that he could finally concentrate more on his relationship with Zhan again. And not only on them, but even managed to read all 47 of his mother's diaries. But only with moderate success.

Many of the diaries were so old that the writing in them faded and made it difficult to impossible for Yibo to read what his mother wrote, especially in the early years. And when he could read it, what she wrote seemed to be incoherent and confused talk. Sometimes she began to write a sentence about visions and ended with something completely different.

In a story she heard from a shaman, she wrote about the story and then, from now to immediately, she wrote about a cake recipe she had found in the newspaper.

Yibo read through thirty diaries without learning more about the Covenant of Destiny. But he did learn how much his mother missed him and his brother. How much she had to fight when she was sick and how hard her struggle was to get well again. For the first time he also understood why she said she could not be there for him and Hai Kuan.

With the diary number 31 began her writings about the covenant of destiny. She wrote about her many different visions of the future of her sons and many visions made Yibo really speechless. So she wrote that in one of these visions she saw that Yibo never fell in love in his whole life, was always lonely and alone because he was always looking for the person who was meant for him. But because his mother took him and his brother with her to another country, he could not find his soul mate and remained alone his whole life.

Of course, he also knew that a vision does not mean that it will really happen. In fact, nothing could really be predicted, because they were only versions of a possible future. And it was enough for anything, no matter how small, to change the destiny.

Diary after diary he read through, and when he had read the last one, he realized that if he wanted his physical symptoms to stop and he could live normally again, he had to accept his fate with Zhan. He must voluntarily decide to accept the bond of fate. Although he found it ridiculous that it is called a voluntary decision when his body torments him every day. Missing Zhan was hard enough, but then lovesickness, heartache and these repeated attacks where he just started crying made it unbearable for him. And in the end he even had nightmares.

In one of these nightmares, Yibo had dreamt that he rejected the fate bond and Zhan then left him to find someone to unite with. Yibo had lost Zhan in his dream and suffered such a severe shock that he fell back into a coma and his soul left his body again. He followed Zhan who suddenly couldn't see him anymore and he had to watch how Zhan found a woman with whom he tied a fate bond and didn't even think about Yibo anymore. From this dream Yibo woke up screaming and tremblingly clung on to Zhan for over an hour. And it had been this dream that encouraged him to finally talk to Zhan.

That night Yibo had said to Zhan, "I am ready to face my, our, destiny. Because I would rather surrender to it a thousand times over than risk losing you."

Yibo laid his head on Zhan's chest, let him stroke his head while Zhan told him what he knew about this destiny bond. And the first thing Yibo did in the morning was get up, go to his closet and take out the little box where he had kept the bracelets of himself and Zhan. They put the bracelets on each other and at that moment Yibo felt infinitely relieved. As if this bracelet with Zhan's initials was protecting him from the physical torment.

And from that day on, although Yibo missed Zhan when he thought about him during work hours and wished Zhan was with him. But it was a normal missing. There was no heartache, no lovesickness and no sudden crying fits. And Yibo was ready for even more. He decided to help Zhan and Yu Bin with the lost souls.

But before they came together as a trio to help the lost souls, there was something that Yibo wanted to do. He still owed Zhan the vacation they both wanted to take. And with his first real income, he booked a short vacation for himself and Zhan. He didn't have much choice and it was only enough for a long weekend. But it was enough for four days in an artificially created resort in a wellness hotel.

On Thursday morning, when they both had the day off, Yibo surprised Zhan with the short break. Zhan was very happy about it and immediately wanted to pack a suitcase for them both. But Yibo said: "ZhanZhan, one backpack is enough. Especially since it's easier to carry on a motorcycle."

"Motorcycle? We're not going by car?" Zhan asked in shock.

"No, honey. You know, since we met, you haven't even ridden a motorcycle with me. And I think it's about time. Or are you afraid I'm gonna crash?"

"Of course not. I'm just freaked out because it's not even 10 degrees outside and we're probably gonna freeze our butts off."

"Then we'll dress warmly. ZhanZhan, come on. I've been wishing for it for so long. I'm driving slowly too, in case you get scared. And you can cling to me really tight."

"I, I'm not afraid. I trust you."

"Then prove it and let's take my bike."

"All right, then. But if we both get sick, it's your fault!"

"If you get sick, I will lovingly nurse you back to health." Replied Yibo with a smirk.

Zhan packed a backpack with a few things for the two of them and then they left. No sooner had Zhan got on the bike behind Yibo than he clung to his body. "You are so sweet ZhanZhan, I thought you weren't afraid. But you can hold on to me as tight as you want, it just feels great to me." Said Yibo and started his motorcycle. After a while, Zhan loosened his grip a little and only grabbed harder again when Yibo picked up the pace on the open road.

After an hour of riding, Zhan relaxed more and more and even put his head on Yibo's shoulder. And Yibo felt proud and happy. Again and again he looked into the rear view mirror and to Zhan, how he snuggled up to him smiling and enjoyed the ride more and more. And the tingling in Yibo's belly, had never been stronger than at that moment. He knew he loved this man and this would never change again.