Chapter 7: Youthful

Ever since he'd been here, Eli has had the best sleep he has ever had for years. The soft, huge bed and his warm comforter is a big step up from his single bed he had in his real life. And add the serenity of his mind because he does not have to constantly think of his father downstairs possibly drowning from his own vomit. 

And sure he may have sleep much better because most of the time Mateo is snuggled up against him, his body absorbing the warmth of the boy's body. 

And so he was really annoyed when his phone rang at 3 in the morning. Mateo's arms wrapped in his stomach, his back turned to him as Mateo spoon him.

He opened his eyes slowly, internally groaning. He moved slightly, trying not to wake the sleeping boy beside him.

He took his phone from the bedside table looking at it before answering.

Olivia. 

"Hello?" he answered, voice still groggy from sleep.

"I'm so sorry. Were you asleep? I'm sorry. I don't know where else to go. I ju-"

"Liv. Slow down... okay... Slow down." He said.

"I just... I'm in front of your house. " She said softly, voice trembling slightly. 

"Right now?" Eli asked, sitting up.

Sleep exiting his body. "Are you okay?" 

"yeah...... no." 

"I'll be there in a minute." Eli said, ending the call. 

He stood up, slipping his slippers on. Mateo shifted in the bed, his hands catching Eli's arm.

"What time is it? Where are you going?" He asked, looking lost. His eyes drooping slightly because of sleepiness, his curls are a wild mess. 

"Shhh. Olivia's outside. Go to sleep." Eli whispered, bringing his hand to Mateo and gently caresses his cheeks. 

"Olivia? Is she okay?"

"I don't know yet. Just go to sleep." 

Mateo nodded at this, relaxing in Eli's bed snuggling his body with a pillow. Eli smiled slightly, thinking of how cute Mateo looked. 

"Come back to bed after, I need your body to sleep." Mateo called out to him as he was about to exit his bedroom. Eli just shook his head, closing the door slowly. 

He made his way downstairs, trying not to make any sound. He tiptoed all the way to their front door. 

When he opened the door he saw Olivia, pacing back and forth. Her blonde hair in a very messy bun. She's wearing an oversized t-shirt that ended in her thighs. She doesn't have any pants on. 

When she looked at him, her eyes were filled with tears. Eli's eyebrows were furrowed, confused as to why Olivia was here.

She suddenly brought her whole body into Eli, hugging him. And he accepted it, hugging her back, whispering 'it's okay' over and over again as he rubbed her back. 

"Do you want to talk?" Eli asked as he hand her a cup of coffee, he didn't really know what to give her and since they're both clearly not sleeping anytime soon he decided that they should be hyped up in caffeine. 

Olivia took it, holding it with both of her hands. She looked smaller, right now, more vulnerable.

As she sit in the corner of their brown plush sofa, Eli sitting beside her. His whole body facing her, a cup of coffee also in his hand. 

"I'm not pushing you to. We can talk whenever you're ready." He said, eyes focused on his best friend. 

She was not moving. Her eyes focused into the carpeted floor. Taking deep labored breaths.