Chapter 2: What The F-

This chapter is dedicated to Stranger_cakke and GizelleRuffin
Stranger_cakke GizelleRuffin

Your words inspired me to write more and they mean everything to me.

Thank you both! ❤❤❤

-----------------------------------------------------------

A splitting head ache is the first thing that Eli felt when he comes to. The blinding light burned through his closed eyelids.

He groaned opening his eyes slightly. A white painted wall welcomed him, his pupils slowly adjusting in the light.

'Am I in a hospital?' Eli thought, remembering the car accident. He moved his hand towards his head, massaging it a little. He once again groaned.

A white curtain is covering his bed, making it impossible for him to see behind it. 

He looked at his body for a minute, searching for scratches and wounds, but there wasn't any. Besides the splitting head ache and the sore limbs, he's okay. Eli furrowed his eyebrows, he should at least have a few scratches or bruises from the accident, but he is totally okay.

He wondered if Luke is too.

In the bedside table, a glass filled with water is set. He slowly moved, sitting up and trying to reach the glass. His throat suddenly feeling like it's on fire. 

Before his hands could touch the glass, the white curtains suddenly swooshed open and a familiar brooding, curly boy emerged.

Taking the glass from Eli's reaching hands, he took a seat in the nearby chair.

"Finally, you're awake. I was so worried, Elly."

Mateo pushed the glass into Eli's lips and he had no choice but to take a sip. The cold water appeasing his burning throat.

He was so confused by a lot of things. Why is Mateo here? Where is Olivia? And why the fuck did he called him Elly?

"What are you wearing?" Eli starts, gesturing to Mateo's blue polo shirt and matching black shorts with their school logo.

Mateo looked at his uniform, confusion etched in his face.

Looking back he tilts his head. "What do you mean? It's our uniform, see." 

Mateo reaches for him, he slightly flinches. His hand touching Eli's shirt, which Eli finally realizes is also the same P.E. uniform Mateo is wearing.

Once again, confusion hits Eli. His brain throbbing against his head. 

"Yeah I know. but why are we wearing it?" Eli asked, sitting up fully.

When Mateo's furrowed brows grows deeper he stops him with his hand from talking. "You know what, never mind. Where's Olivia?" he asks, his feet dangling at the edge of the bed. 

"Who?" Mateo guides him, his hand gently touching the side of his body. Eli swats his hands away, and Mateo pulls his hand. A frown set in his face. Eli rolls his eyes, his hands shooting up to his still throbbing head. 

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. Where is she?" Eli asked again.

"I don't---- Is that the nurse?" Mateo answered, concern deep set in his eyes, which annoyed Eli for a reason.

Where the fuck is Olivia?

"What about Luke, is he okay?" Eli diverted their conversation, not in the mood to be joking around with Mateo of all people. His hands hovering over Eli's sitting body, ready to catch him if he falls.