24. Forever

Shayam POV

I was in a meeting with the exports section when my phone rang. I kept it in silent and continued the meeting. Drake Knight was present and it is my first meeting with him. He was listening to the staff with  concentration and asked his manager to note down some points.

My staff followed one after the other and after everyone is done I finally approved their work. It was a partnership dealing about sharing the expenses of the new transport system. My staff came up with different transport ideas by road and water.

After I completed speaking on behalf of my company, I called upon Drake to speak.

"So Mr Knight, what do you think?"

"Drake please" I nodded.

"It's efficient but I need to work on the designs of the buses so that we can get maximum space to carry the goods" he said and my staff quickly note it down.

"I see you have arranged transport by road for 2 days straight with one single driver. Won't you think he'll get lousey driving so much?" He asked and I signalled my staff to answer to his question.

He stood up and introduced himself.

"No sir, there will be two people travelling in the same vehicle. Mostly they'll take turns" he answered and I feel proud to have an efficient team of members.

"You haven't included air transport yet?"

Another employee of mine answered.

"We yet haven't received the license to transport through air. We have sent in our application and it's being processed" he replied.

"How long will it take?"

"A couple of weeks. I'll recheck whether they have received my application for air transport. My team has the designs and the details ready though" I said and he nodded smiling. I knew he was impressed right away.

He checked the files and rechecked all the details again. Asking his manager to take a copy of it, he signed in both the copies and stood up.

"That's a very good team you got there Shayam" he said and I nodded smiling.

"Yes, very efficient and I'm proud of them" I said it loud and clearly. My staff were smiling in happiness and satisfaction knowing that their hard work since the past year has been worth while.

It may sound easy but transportation takes a lot of time to calculate things. You have to be specific about the number of vehicles, the amount each vehicle is going to carry, inserting gps in each, making designes of each model and hiring thousands of people to make the vehicles and drive them across cities or even countries.

We are just done with the initial stage and yet to hire the people for working. Knight industries is contributing by lending their factories and industries while we make the design and everything. Now both our companies will contribute 50-50 percent of people working in the companies. I bet this will be such a successful deal that we'll profit at least double the investment in just a year or even less than a year. This is the main reason I wanted to step into imports and exports.

We both signed the deal and everyone cheered.

"The deal is settled then. We'll start working from next week and we can announce the interview for hiring people this week" he said and I agreed right away. We can't hire thousands of people in a single week but we can start the work with the little amount of people we hired.

After that he left and I re assembled all my employees.

"I am really happy with each and every one of you. We got this deal because of you and this calls for a celebration" I said and everyone cheered.

"You'll get a raise in your salary and a short off for 2 weeks once we have all the people working on the industries" I announced and they all cheered in joy. They deserve it. After popping a bottle of champagne, I gave them the day off after having a little party.

I rested in my cabin and just so happy about the deal. Suddenly my phone rang and I took it.

"Mr Shayam" it's my personal investigator.

"Yes Rex? Have you done the work I assigned for you?"

"I got the details about Armaan Sheikh. I have mailed them to you and there are something you need to know. I can't interpret them since I can't get the whole information" he apologized.

I am not mad at him cause I know Armaan is a very private man to begin with. I instantly understood the effort he has put into to find these details about Armaan.

"Come to my apartment in 30 minutes"

"Yes sir" I hung up and walked to my car.

Soon I reached my apartment and quickly showered cause it's hot outside. Listening to some music, I was enjoying the little time before diving into the mess of Armaan and mainly Shanaya. I can't help but worry about her safety being with him.

She's not some cheep girl who would throw herself for money and status. Thinking about her my mind recalled the kiss we shared and I knew she's attacked to me right that moment. I was so thrilled to kiss her and she kissed me with the same burning passion. It's like I'm attracted to her.

This is the first time I'm getting real feelings for someone. Other girls were just lust but this one is more than physical. But at the same time I don't know if this something between us is even going to last long.

Nonetheless, I'm just going to help her get out of his clutches and maybe later I'll figure out what we both have, whether it will last forever?