22. Unbelievable

Shayam POV

Drinking my water, I wiped off the sweat with my towel. Taking off my sweat shirt, I saw girls drooling over me. Every head is turned towards me and it doesn't excite me anymore.

Normally I wink or even gesture girls to come to me but not this time. My head is messed up since I last saw Shanaya. I never knew she'll one day become the cause for messing up with me head.

I have been a play boy for a year since my parents let me move out. I was so focused in my business that I started to stress out a lot a couple years ago. I tried to remove it through various ways but without knowing when and how I ended up banging girls. But I always make sure I remain neutral to their feelings.

Feelings and emotions make you weak. I have seen many successful people's lives being ruined because they either fall in love or fall out of love. I decided I don't want to be one of them.

Keeping my water on the side, I walked to the treadmill and ran for straight 5 kms. I see girls walking around me trying to get my attention but I kept ignoring them.

Continuously running, I'm interrupted by a call.

"Wassup?" I answered it without seeing the caller ID.

"Shayam?" I lost balance and fell from the treadmill. Way to go embarrassing myself.

I was immediately surrounded by girls trying to make me get up. They kept touching me and I pushed them all away. One of them cut my call and I cursed at her. She simply winked at me and they all walked away. Bitch!

Taking my phone I called her again.

"I didn't mean to disturb you"

"No Shanaya, what's up?" I sat down, resting my back against the wall.

"I called to remind you to watch your back again" she said.

"Your already told that. Anything new?" I hate the fact that she keeps underestimating me. She keeps worrying about me when the fact is that she's in more danger than me.

She gasped at my cold tone and I heard her sigh.

"Nothing new" she ended the call and I closed my eyes trying to catch a deep breath. She gets on my nerves so easily.

Walking out of the gym, I get in my car dumping my things at the back. Driving to my apartment, I quickly took a hot bath. Ordering a simple lunch, I went to the kitchen to make myself a shake.

Shanaya kept rolling in my mind. Her words or warnings I should say. But more than that the kiss we shared kept coming back. I must admit it was so addicting. I don't know what made me do that but I certainly don't regret it. The funny part is I'm starting to get attracted to her.

My lunch was delivered and I ate it soon as I was hungry. Since it is Sunday I was getting bored and decided to call my friends to hang out with me. I bet Arjun will be busy so I called Rick.

"Table tennis at my apartment?" I asked him.

"Sure, I'll be there in an hour"

"Good see you" I ended the call and automatically the call history popped up showing her name. I decided to call her but she didn't answer the call.

Trying again, she never answered my call. Keeping my phone down, I switched on my tv to pass time till Rick arrives.

Suddenly my phone rang and I answered it.

"Why don't you answer your phone Shanaya?" I yelled.

"Calm down bro" I realised it was Rick.

"What?"

"Grumpy because Shanaya hasn't called you?" He teased.

"What do you want?"

"Apparently my friend booked a golfing spot for this evening. You're in?"

"Text me the place and time"

"Right away" I was about to end the call.

"Don't be grumpy, call her again" he laughed as I end the call.

Checking the time I realised it's been almost an hour and she still hasn't called me back. Calling her again, she didn't answer. I swear I'm getting so mad right now.

One last time I called her and she finally answered.

"Gosh Shanaya! Why aren't you answering my calls?" I was so mad.

"Sir, this is not Shanaya" I checked my call again.

"Who's this?"

"I'm her PA. Apparently she forgot her phone here at the office" she said.

"Do you know where is she now?"

"Maybe at her home, I'm not sure. I'm going to drop it at her house. I'll let her know that you called if she's home"

"Yes please" I end the call.

Changing into my golfing clothes, I went down to the parking lot. Taking out my car and turning on the gps, I started driving to the golf area.

Again my phone rang.

"Shanaya where the..."

"Why are you waiting for her call?" It's Arjun!

"Nothing"

"I can see that nothing"

"What do you want man?"

"Are you going golfing right now?" He asked.

"Yes on the way"

"Cool, just wanted to confirm if you're in"

"Aren't you staying with Yamini?"

"She wants to stay with her parents, so I'm dropping her off and joining you guys for golf" he said.

"Ok"

"Yeah see you"

I drove straight to the place and soon arrived. Parking my car, I went inside. It's been long since I played. I saw everyone already there.

"Look at the lover boy! He called me Shanaya on the phone" Rick chuckled.

"He did the same to me" Arjun smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut it"

"This is Alex and this is Lucas. Guys, this is Shayam" Rick introduced me to his friends and we shake hands.

"Good to see you"

"I can say the same"

We started playing and it was fun. I missed it so much and we had a great time. We kept playing until it was too late. Arjun left first to pick up his wife and we were about to leave.

"If you miss her call her dude" Rick patted my shoulder and walked away. Walking to my car, I took out my phone to check any calls or texts from her but none.

Unbelievable!