19. Oasis

Shanaya Pov

"That's all ladies and gentlemen" I went back to my seat and everyone clapped for my presentation.

"Next is Sinha group of companies" the MC accounced and Arjun went to the stage to present his work.

After everyone's done there was a little break after which deals will be made between companies.

Taking my drink I walked to mingle with my friends.

"My girl killed it today" Armaan wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek. Suddenly his friends surrounded us and he smiled at me looking with those loving eyes.

"Who's got a beautiful girl in his arms today"

"Guess it's his lucky day today" his friends stared commenting and I stood awkwardly.

"Not just today bro"

He raised her drink to toast and we all cheered.

"Looking for the shipping deal again?" Suddenly Shayam came in and I smiled sweetly at him. I know he's inwardly glaring at me though he was smiling at me.

"Shayam bro" Armaan gave a hug and he rolled his eyes. I chuckled.

"Still thinking about the partnership?"

"I'll let you know soon" Shayam responded with his eyes on me. He looked down at Armaan's hands that's still sitting on my waist. He glared so hard at me.

"Good, I think it'll be a great partnership"

"What partnership are we talking about here?" Arjun came around.

"These two" one of Armaan's friend pointed at them.

"That'll be great"
Armaan nodded.

"Where's Yamini? I thought she'd come today" I asked Arjun.

"She's gone on some work out of country" Arjun said and I nodded.

"I need to use the ladies room" I whispered in Armaan's ears. He nodded and gave me a kiss on my cheek and let me go.

Throwing away my drink I walked into the ladies room. Finishing my buisness I looked at the mirror. Washing my hands and fixing my makeup I walked out of the room. Suddenly I was pulled by someone and trapped in the small hallway between the conference room and the restroom. I was shocked but releaved when I found it's Shayam.

"We'll someone just made it official"

"Guess so...your point?" I raised my eye brows.

"You know I don't believe anything that's happening around. I think you're so much more than the act you're putting on"

"I think there's something wierd inside your head making you think something unusual"

He walked further close to me and his breath literally fell on my lips. I can feel a weird tension between us.

"Oh I definitely know what's inside my head" he held my hand and started tracing his way all the way upto my elbow. My breath hitched and I can hear his heart beating fast.

"Get it checked" I said tapping on his chest.
"It's beating so fast"

"How come I don't realise you're so beautiful" his face moved close to me and his hand circled all the way around my back. I'm struck in his arms.

"You were blind"

"That I was. You're like an oasis, so beautiful, so refreshing but not so pleasing"

"Last time I heard oasis is always pleasing" I circled my finger on his chest, right where his heart was.

"But I want it only to myself. Not everyone can take that" he whispered as he lean forward. My mind was racing like a sports car.

His eyes were locked at my lips and I know if I don't stop it now it's gonna get out of hands.

"Get yourself one then"

His intense touch is too hot to handle. I pushed him away and he let me go.

"Oh I will" he left before kissing my cheek.

What just happened?" Realisation dawned on me and just wow!

Looking at the mirror I was nothing less than a red cherry. What magic did he do until it had such an effect on me! Gosh! Need t careful around him.

I kept my hand on my heart trying to get it calm but it does not stop. Taking deep breathes, I came out after a few minutes.

"You're here, let's go" Armaan to my hand and walked me to the conference room.

I saw Shayam standing with his friends and smirking as I was past him. His friend asked him something to which he shook his head, not once breaking the eye contact with me.

Soon the conference was resumed and I got the government deal for making uniform for poor children.

I was so happy and was so thrilled to work in the new project. One because it's designing and two because I love how I can do something to help the poor kids.

Armaan and Shayam were competitive about the school construction buisness but at the end Shayam got it. I could see Armaan burning in rage. I heard him whispering cuss words and swearing to make Shayam pay for it. I need to intimate Shayam about this.

The meeting ended and it's time to go home. Armaan offered to drop me and I agreed.

"I can't believe I got it. I'm going to make the most out of it" I said smiling and just so happy.

"That's my girl. Give a higher rate than the normal and finish the work on time and boom! You'll get so many offers like this" he said.

"No Armaan, it's for the poor kids. I'll do the best I can at the minimum cost possible. I don't even mind if I have to pitch in my money cause they deserve it" he looked at me like I have grown two heads. He focused on the road back.

"What? I don't think that's a good idea. You won't get any profit from that"

"This project is not about profit" I said determined.

"But..."

"No Armaan, end of the story"