9| Home

Shayam POV

"Shaya" the kids came running.

"Hey! I missed you guys" Shanaya hugged them. They kissed their sister's cheeks. They're so adorable.

"Missed you too"

"You got us something?"

"Here" she handed them a bag and they ran upstairs again.

"Come on in please"

We sat on the sofa and a maid attended us with a glass of water. She went back to get us coffee when she excused to get changed.

I was looking around the house and it's pretty cozy and elegant at the same time. There are potraits all over and each one has an amazing drawing done. Guess it's by some great artist. I was looking at all of them over the living room.

A particular painting attracted me the most. It's like an illusion. It's having the picture of a mother telling her child something but the child looked sad as well as happy. The child's face is what the center of attraction of this potrait.

"Hey, found them interesting?" I turned to see Shanaya in her casuals. She was wearing a blue top and a black bottom, her hair loosened and makeup removed. She looked so much beautiful now.

Ignoring her question I realised I was spacing out. She clicked her finders in front of me.

"Huh, yeah. They are too pretty" she smiled.

I walked to the couch and sat on it. She sat at the other end.

"Which one's you're favourite?" She asked looking at the paintings on the wall.

I scanned the room all over once again. It's really tough to choose one from these. Everything is so pretty and has its own story to tell. One is melancholy and one screams peace while one was against evil and another just a normal call day.

"It's very difficult to choose but I pick this one" I pointed to the mother child painting I was looking at earlier. She smiled and nodded.

"Did you get the meaning of it?"

"No actually, not really. It's very delusional" she chuckled.

"You have a very good taste at art. Where did you get these from?" I asked. Am interested to know about the place and mostly about the Artist. Through these paintings, I can clearly see he or she is so damn experienced in life.

"How come you're so sure it's all from the same place?" She asked.

At the same time the maid came with a tray and coffee was served along with some snack.

"Am also sure it's all by the same artist. The taste of it is the same" I sipped my coffee and looked at her face.

She was looking at the ground, her ears listening to my words. Her hair moving slightly along the breeze. Suddenly some of them came near she face and she blew them away. Looking up from her ground, she stood up and faced to her right.

"Good evening gentleman" I heard someone calling me.

"Hello sir"

It was Aravind Singhania, the CEO of Singhania Enterprises, Export and import and educational institutions.

He came forward and shook my hand.

"Please" He pointed for me to settle down. Sitting beside me, he took his cup of coffee.

"Nice meeting you Shayam" he smiled.

"Pleasure to meet you too sir"

"How your import and export going on? I heard you just entered this line"

"Yes sir, it's going just fine. Since I have already handled many contracts of jewellery this seems more like it" I answered him and took another sip of my coffee.

"That's good" I just smiled.

"If you don't mind, may I ask something from you?" He said after a long gap of silence and that got me curious. He's the man to who most of the young entrepreneur run to for advice. Many look up to him as their inspiration. He is a self grown man right from the strach and never asked anything from anyone.

"Yes sir, sure" I reached for the cookie that was served.

"Since my daughter just joined business, I want you to help her with it. She wasn't willing to step into business right away after her graduation, but my health doesn't support me and it all came down on her. I feel sad knowing how much she's struggling to handle it. It's be great if you can help her with it" he asked politely.

"Dad, I am fine. It was difficult at the beginning but am handling it now. Moreover you have no reason to be sad cause I would have inherited your legacy some day. Don't worry daddy, I won't let you down" she smiled.

I adored their relationship.

"Sure sir, I'll definitely help it with all my means" I said wholeheartedly.

"Thank you son" he came forward for a hug and we shared a brief hug.

"I'll let you guys have sometime. Need to catch up on something" he said and walked to his room.

"Is this the real Aravind Singhania? I always saw his Curt, his words straight forward and to the point. It's fascinating to see this polite and warm nature of his" I said. He's really a gentleman who knows how to handle business and family very well.

"He's the perfect and the best" Shayana said and I couldn't agree more.

The kids came running down and sat on the couch.

"How are you both?" I asked them.

"Fine"

"Great" they answered with a huge smile

"Am sorry" I apologized again. I felt guilty of my act.

"It's ok. It's nice to see you again"

"Do you have a chocolate with you? I missed the chocolates you brought for us" Aarav said.

"Let's go get it then" I said chirpy and they both glimmed in happiness.

"Yes, let's go"

"You wanna come along?" I asked Shanaya.

"Sis, come with us"

"Yes, ok. Let's go"