10| Next big step

Shanaya POV

It's been five months since I entered business and now am happy about it. Am not complaining a bit. Sometimes work gets me depressed and sad but that's a part of it and as long as it's worth it, I don't mind it.

I have made a lot of friends and partners for deals in these five years. I was very happy to know that my company demands have been increased and there are competitors who are willing to take down my company. There are people who are jealous of my rise and the new fame of my company.

I have even started receiving some threats. I was scared to the core at first and told my dad about it. He took over the control and tracked down the person who turned out to be one of the employee I fired recently cause of his negligence. Since he was the only bread winner of his family, his loss of job was a great strike to his life and family. He was so up for vengeance that be arranged some people to attack me.

My dad called over the cops and he was sent to custody when I filed a case against him. As a part of Singhania Trust, I started sponsoring his family too, supporting his son's education in the best school. His family is now thankful for me but I guess he didn't change a bit.

Such situations come up sometimes and in the process I learned to handle it. Some even started approaching wearing business man masks but I have my men all around to find all the details needed. I should thank my friends for this idea. Arjun helped me a lot through it.

I'll take over the company under my name officially in a month or so. I am very excited. I wanna make my dad proud and support my family well, just like my dad. I started to know how an entrepreneur life makes you happy as well as sad. But my dad never showed any of his frustrations or sorrow to us. He was always that smiling face around us. I admire him the most.

Handling business isn't as easy as it looks. You don't roll over money and wealth as you see in newspaper articles and Instagram stories. It needs lot of hard work and patience. Some deals may give you profit and some loss. Your determination and attitude makes you different from the others. Patience is the key to a successful entrepreneur.

There was a knock on my office door and I asked them to come inside. My dad entered and I looked at him smiling.

"You here?" I asked. He took a seat in front me of, looking at me with those admiring eyes.

"I know you have taken over but not officially, so yet I am the CEO and I can visit my office whenever I want" he answered. I chuckled.

"Sure dad, but you are old now. Take rest"

"I am not that old yet young lady. I can still handle my works on my own"

There was another knock on my door and this time it was my PA. She came with a file in her hand. She handed it to my father and he read the file.

Nodding, he pushed it to me. After reading the file, I signed it and she took it.

"Sir, would you like coffee or juice?"

"Coffee please"

"Ma'am?"

"Same" she nodded and left the room.

"Did you check the mail regarding the collaborators you are willing to work on?" My dad asked.

"Yes dad, I have been through it. Yet have to decide whom I wanna work on"

"Make sure you do it with care. This is a very important deal for our company"

"Roger that"

"I heard Aarav isn't too much of a disciplined boy at school" he suddenly said.

What? I always saw Aarav being very obedient and sincere.

"He got into a fight with one of the boys of his class last week. I was called by his teacher and he was almost suspended until I have her my word he'll be obedient hence forth"

"I didn't know any of it dad. I'll make sure to look into it" I promised him.

"Just make sure he is dealing with his stuff in the right way" he said and I oddly found it weird though agreed to do so.

After our coffee was served, dad left the office to visit the manufacturing sector. The new edition of our enterprises is gonna be out in a few weeks and the manufacturing of the materials have been going on for a few months. It's almost done and the final testing is about to begin tomorrow.

Since my work at office is over, I planned to visit Yamuna at her house. It's been a long time since we met. She's married and working at her own collection and I have been busy with mine. It's very rare that we get to catch up.

I got out of my office and went to the left. Pressing the ground floor, I took out my phone to check it's already 5.45. I have only 15 mins left.

Walking out of the lift, I quickly got into my car and drove outside the building. Suddenly I got a call and answered it, putting it on the speaker connecting it through Bluetooth.

"Girl, where are you"

"On the way, will reach in 5 minutes"

"Cool, see you. Already got your favorite cookies ready" Yamuna said and that just made me press on the accelerator more.

I pressed the horn on reaching her house and the watchman opened the gate. It was a huge mansion with a grand entrance surrounded by trees and benches made of wood.

Parking my car at the front, I practically ran inside.

"Yamu" I saw Yamuna running from inside her room. She walked down the stairs and came straight to hug me. I hugged her tight.

"It's been so long" she said, releasing from the hug

"Yes, since I ate the cookies" I said and she slapped me lightly.

"Let's go"

We sat on the recreation room, with cookies, pizza, chicken and soft drinks beside us. Watching mean girls, we laughed, gossiped and had fun. It's been so long.

"How long since you will tell your dad about it?" She posted a serious question and I turned to her.

Leaning on the couch, I put my hand on my forehead.

"I don't really know. I am all set but yet I feel I am missing out on something. It's like so many what if are constantly running in my mind" I said.

"It's your first time doing such a big thing all alone. It'll get you tensed. Though I haven't seen it, am sure you'd done a great work, after all it's your dream" she cheered me up.

"I hope" I smiled.

"It's the next big step of your journey"