6| Indeed a long way

Shanaya POV

"Yes ma'am, anything else?" My PA asked me.

"No, just make sure the order is bagged by us. I don't want any issues in the auction. I need that order at all cost" I said strictly.

"That'll be no issue ma'am" I nodded.

"Thank you" she left the cabin.

Leaning on to my chair, I looked out of the window. Am sitting in my dad's office, looking after my dad's business. He's been stressed a lot lately that he faints frequently. He hide this matter form me for almost a year when I found him fainting at home.

Though I hate business, I don't want to risk my dad's health. He's always so worried about business and about my marriage. The only relief I can provide him is by handling the business. Am not sure about marriage, am not that kinda girl who believes in fairy tales and destiny. I was brought up in a very practical way, so all I think about is logic and not magic.

My phone rang and it's my dad.

"Hey dad! How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine honey. Busy?"

"No dad, was just gonna head home"

"Honey, I want you to meet Mr. Armaan Sheikh in half an hour" my eyes widened at the name.

"What?"

"Yes dear. We are having a collaboration on the summer collection this year. He'll be providing us with the raw materials and this has to be done soon cause the release date is around the margin"

I signed.

"Ok dad"

"I have sent you the rest of the information with my PA. Check it and let me know if there's any confusion"

"Ok dad, bye" I hung up.

Where did I get myself into!? I remember the disgusting look on this face when he viewed me from top to bottom. I can never forget that. His mere presence gets me bad vibes.

It's ok Shanaya, it's just a deal. Get done with it as soon as possible and he'll be out of your life.

Picking up my bag, I went to the floor downstairs. My PA handed me the file regarding the collaboration.

"Ma'am, you're supposed to meet Mr. Armaan Sheikh in twenty minutes at Leopold café"

Going to the bottom of the building, I saw the security getting my car from the parking. Getting into the car, I started the engine. Looking at the Google maps, I started driving towards the café.

Reaching ten minutes earlier, I parked the car and entered the café. I went through the file when I heard someone clearing their throat.

"Ms. Shanaya Singhania" he extended his hand.

"Armaan Sheikh" we shook hands.

Taking our seats, the waiter came to our table.

"One latte"

"One hot chocolate"

He took the order and went away.

"It's nice to meet you miss"

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Sheikh. Coming to the collaboration..."

"Oh so professional! Give it a break, will you?" He gave a smirk.

Raising my eye brow, I cut him.

"Am here for business, so I intend to talk about that and nothing else" I snapped.

"This is not how a professional meeting is supposed to be held"

"If you're not interested, you can meet my father at our office tomorrow, don't waste my time"

Our orders were placed.

"I was expecting your father to be here. But what a surprise, this pretty face showed up" this man officially disgusts me.

"I want the raw materials to be supplied within ten days starting from today. My manager will be coming to check the materials before we start with the production. The designs have already been selected by the creative group of our management and if you'd like any change, let us know. We are welcome to new designs if you had any. Anything else?" I was sticking to my point. I want nothing else but to finish this meeting and get home.

"We'll, yes. I personally went through the designs and was interested to know about the head of the creative team of your company" he smiled.

"Sorry, I can't reveal you that. That's confidential"

"Ok then, it's settled. Ask your manager to meet me tomorrow at my office"

"Thank you" Standing up, I offered my hand.

"You're welcome" he shook my hand.

Paying for the check, I walked out of the café. Taking a deep breath, I started my car and drove back to my home.

Reaching my home, I walked straight up to my room. Changing from my professional clothes into a top and a short, I went to my dad's room. He was laying on his bed, reading some file.

"How was the meeting dear?" He asked, removing his reading glasses.

" Good dad, he's agreed to send the materials in ten days" he smiled.

"That's good. Am glad your doing your best. Thank you dear"

"Dad, it's fine. Am just a little tired"

"Go rest, don't over work"

"Ok sure, good night. Don't forget to take your tablets" He smiled and I walked out of his room.

Reminding the maid to give him tablets after dinner, I went to my bed. Crashing it, I dozed off thinking about my life.

It's indeed a long way to go.