Chapter Sixteen

Noah's POV
The next morning I showered and got ready for my day. I made sure I looked presentable then went upstairs to the kitchen.

Alejandro and Sinuhe were dressed and ready for work. Alejandro read the newspaper and drank his coffee, as he did pretty much everyday, while Sinuhe finished preparing breakfast.

"Morning," I said with a smile as I opened the cupboard and set the table. I placed four plates, knowing that Sofi was still asleep.

"Good morning, Noah." Sinuhe smiled sweetly. "I'm making my famous chilaquiles for breakfast."

"Estoy hambriento," Camila said as she walked into the kitchen. Her eyes widened when she saw what was for breakfast. "Is that chilaquiles?"

Sinuhe grinned and scooped some onto her plate. I, for one, couldn't get over the fact that Camila just spoke Spanish. I mean, obviously she speaks Spanish, but I didn't realize how hot it sounded until she spoke it.

"Estoy hamberrr . . . ?" I said, wondering what it meant.

Camila took a bite of her breakfast and smiled. "It means I'm starving."

I looked at her and grinned. Even when she was stuffing her mouth full of Mexican food I found her attractive. She was just so beautiful. It was starting to make me lose my focus.

"So, Noah," Sinuhe said, breaking my gaze with Camila. "How are you feeling about the audition?"

Camila's eyes widened. "Audition?"

I scratched the back of my neck and shrugged. "Yeah, I, um, have an audition for a music competition after school. If I make it in I would gain attention from some pretty impressive schools."

"I'm sure you'll do great," Sinuhe said. "Are you nervous?"

"A little." I blushed. I looked at the clock and sighed. "We should probably get going."

Camila nodded and grabbed her bag which she slung over her shoulder. We went outside just in time to see Ally pull up in her car. She rolled down the window and waved to us and we climbed in with everyone else.

We arrived at the school with a couple minutes to spare. My first class was English which, I learned, is right across the hall from Dinah's first class. Everyone split off towards their classes which left Dinah and me alone together.

We walked towards the D-Wing in a comfortable silence when Dinah finally looked at me and spoke. "What do you think of Camila?"

My eyes widened and I looked at her. I chuckled, "Uh . . . I mean, she's been a lot nicer to me lately."

"So that's it? Nothing else?" Dinah asked, her eyes studying me. "She's just nice?"

I scratched the back of my neck. "Well, I mean, she's really pretty too, I guess."

Dinah grinned when I said this. She nodded her head. "Interesting."

"Why?"

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing," she said with a wave of her hand. "I just wanted to make sure she was being nicer to you."

We arrived at our classes and Dinah went in. I stood in the hall for a minute, trying to wrap my head around whatever that conversation was. It was definitely odd, the questions she was asking. I wondered what the motive was. But before I could get into it, the bell rang and I went into class.

The day went by fairly fast, and before I knew it, it was time for lunch. I sent Shawn a text saying I'll be in the music room practicing for my audition, and that he's welcome to join me. I really just wanted to get some extra practice in before my audition. If I win the competition I would receive a $5,000 scholarship to the school of my choice. My parents need that money if I want to go to a good college.