Chapter Two

Noah's POV
"Pizza's here!" Sinuhe called from the main floor. I opened my eyes and got off the bed, checking my hair in the mirror before heading up the stairs.

I opened the door and immediately felt my nerves return as four new girls sat at the table.

"Is this him?" a short girl with a bright smile asked. She looked at Camila then me. Camila quietly nodded and the girls all stood up.

"Hi! I'm Ally-"

"Lauren-"

"Dinah-"

"Normani!"

They all giggled and gave me a hug. It took me by surprise, but I smiled and hugged them back. I glanced at Camila as she stood impatiently to the side. She seemed annoyed for some reason.

"Ah, Noah, you're back," Sinuhe said as she walked into the kitchen. "Perfect timing, because dinner is ready."

The girls cheered and got in a line, all grabbing their desired slices of pizza. I went last, grabbing a simple slice of cheese and sat down at the end of the table, ending up next to Dinah.

"So, Noah," Lauren swallowed a bite of pepperoni, "where are you from?"

"Seattle," I said, wiping the edge of my mouth with a napkin.

"No way! I've always wanted to go there," Normani said. "Cause of Grey's Anatomy."

I laughed and took a sip of root beer. Ally smiled and rolled her eyes at Normani. She looked back at me. "So, if you're from Seattle, what are you doing in Miami? Shouldn't you be in another country or something?"

"Usually, uh, yes," I said, feeling my face heat up as everyone looked at me. "But, I'm in a specific exchange program meant for musicians and it's based in the US."

"You're a musician?" Normani asked and I nodded slowly.

"Kinda," I said quietly but they still seemed to think it was cool.

"What do you play?" Lauren asked.

"Piano mostly. And a little bit of the guitar." I thought back to their grand piano that I wanted to play so badly.

I looked at Camila who finished her slice and took a sip of lemonade. She wiped her hands and mouth before looking at her mom.

"Can we go now?"

Sinuhe nodded. "Fine. But be back by curfew."

Camila and her friends stood up and put their plates in the sink. I watched quietly as they made their way to the door, wondering where they were going.

Sinuhe looked over at me and her eyes lit up. "Ooh! Why don't you take Noah with you?"

Camila stopped where she stood and turned to her mom, an are you serious look plastered across her face. I clued in and shook my head.

"Oh no, I'm . . . I'm fine," I said, but she was insistent.

"Nonsense! It'll be fun." She grinned. "It'll give you a chance to meet people."

I didn't even know what I was saying no to, but I knew I didn't want to meet new people just quite yet. That alone plus the look on Camila's face were reason enough to stay home and maybe even go to bed early.

I looked from Sinuhe to Camila, then back at Sinuhe, noticing her I'm not taking no for an answer look.

"Okay," I said slowly. She smiled and clapped her hands together.

"Wonderful!" She cheered, but her daughter had a very different reaction. She rolled her eyes and turned towards her friends.

"Where are we going?" I asked Dinah.

"Jack Gilinsky's party," she said and I furrowed my eyebrows. She seemed to notice I was confused because she spoke again. "He's the quarterback for our school's football team. His parties are the craziest in Miami." She whispered the last part so I figured Alejandro and Sinuhe were unaware of what their daughter and her friends were actually going to.

"Okay, let me just get a jacket," I said mainly to Dinah who nodded. I ran downstairs to my room and grabbed a green sweatshirt. I was about to put it on when my phone rang.

I pulled it out of my pocket and read the name of the caller, suddenly remembering Mom wanted me to call her when I landed.

"Shit," I whispered, answering the phone and holding it to my ear. "Hey, Mom."

"Noah, sweetie, how are you? Why didn't you call?" she asked and I walked around the room, running my hand through my hair.

"I'm so sorry, Mom, I forgot." I apologized and sat on the bed.

"Well, how are things?" she asked. I could tell she was eager to know just by the sound of her voice. "How is the family?"

"They're good." I answered both questions. "And the family is really nice." I intentionally left out the fact that their daughter doesn't seem to like me at all.

"Aw, I'm so happy to hear that." I knew she was smiling. "I already miss you."

"I miss you too, Mom." I smiled. Camila called for me to come upstairs and I could tell she was annoyed. "Uh, Mom, I gotta go. I'll call you later."

I ended the call and slid my sweatshirt over my head. I closed the door to my room and ran up the stairs to the main floor.

The girls walked outside to Ally's car. Apparently she was the only one with a car and was thus named the designated driver for everything.

I climbed into the back and sat next to Normani, who was already dancing to Beyoncé on the radio.

"No!" Ally groaned, reaching to turn off the music, but Dinah caught her hand.

"Ally, I swear if you touch that radio I will end you," she said and Ally pulled her hand back.

She started to drive and after ten minutes, we had arrived at a large, expensive house filled with drunk, dancing teenagers who I could tell were only going to get more wild. She parked the car and we all walked inside.

Everyone seemed perfectly comfortable. Everyone that is, but me. I was terrified. I didn't know anyone and it didn't seem like the girls wanted me there to begin with. I only went because Sinuhe wanted me to and I didn't want our relationship to start with me disappointing her.

We walked into the living room and I looked around. I could barely see past the crowd of people dancing to the blaring music.

"Babe!" a guy shouted from across the room. I turned my head to see a tall brunette with a red solo cup making his way over to us. When he got closer I noticed he had frosted tips in his hair. A total douche move if you ask me.

He walked up to Camila and wrapped his arms around her. She giggled and gave him a kiss, which turned into a lot of kisses.

I raised my eyebrows and looked away, disgusted as they made out with no shame.

"Ew, Mila!" Dinah groaned and all the girls rolled their eyes. They seemed to feel the same way I did.

The guy pulled away and smirked before looking at me and glaring.

"Who is this?" he asked as Camila clung to his side. He eyed me up and down with a dissatisfied look on his face.

"Jack, this is Noah," Camila said. "Noah, meet Jack Gilinsky."