Chapter 13~A day before the first exam~

I was walking down the corridor, my fingers Barely gripping my books. As I struggled to walk to my locker. I could not sleep at all last night. The thought of exams starting the day after was keeping me up. Not that I was afraid that I'd fail, but the fact that I'm going to have to compromise more sleep and rest from my behalf. I groggily walked over to my locker. Opening it, I started sorting out what I needed for the day, at my own pace.

"Boo!" Some one whispered as they grabbed my shoulders.
I nonchalantly rolled my eyes. As I turned around I see sakura and her blinding bright smile.
"Pft your gunna need more than that to scare me" I state as I turn to my locker and slam r shut.

"Awhhhh whats wrong is baby y/n grumpy??" She coos

"Stfu" I simply say after huffing.

"Any way enough about my mood, have you heard from Ichika?" I ask generally curious to where our friend has gone off too.

"I texted her, she said she was coming in on the exam day and she'll explain everything after we take the exams" she briefly explained

What? So she's not coming in today. What a weird child missing two days of school like that. Well she has a lot of explaining to do that's for sure. Still I find it pretty strange for her to miss days. It's really not like her especially before exams. As I was thinking of Ichika. I heard sakura call my name.

"Y/n look who it is" she nudges me playfully. I look straight ahead and see, you guessed it none other than kuroo himself. He is headed in this direction. Ugh I really don't have time for his games. Definitely not today. I look at her with a serious look.

"Let's go" I keep my words short as I grab her arm dragging her to our class.

"Hey y/n W-wait" she says I'm broken words as she is trying to get out of my grip.

When we reach the class I let go of her arm. And face her.

"Y/n, what was that about?" She gets straight to the point, confused.

"I just don't have time for him today, okay" I explain as I walk to my desk to start unpacking my equipment.

"Yahhhh y/nnn your acting very strange lately, I know we have exams but this is strange even for you" she complains as she takes her seat. She kicks her legs out and faces me.

" first its Ichika then you. Uwahhhhhh" she messes up her hair.

"Am I the only normal one left" she pouts then turns to her desk resting her face on her hands.

I just ignore her childish remarks. And carried on setting up my desk.

* After a while *

The class started to fill up as it wasn't long before class was supposed to start. My mind was still all over the place. There was just quite a lot going on. As a final attempt to try and calm my self I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

As I breathe out I slowly open my eyes and I see kuroo just starting at my face.

"Morning" he says as he sends a wink in my direction.
My blood rushes to my cheeks tinting my cheeks red. He chuckles and walks over to his seat. Which is next to mine. I clear my thought and lean on my right hand facing, myself to the left. I ignore his presence.

As there was an exam tomorrow the teacher told us to to a self study lesson, so we can do the topics we think we need to improve on. Thank gos. I get a chance to just read over a few notes. I grab my pen and put on my glasses and I start to flick though my book. As I find a topic I want to cover I start mapping out basic notes. My concentration is as hard as ever. I don't want to miss out on any important info.

As I am zoning out to a study world of me own I see a paper roll onto my desk. I divert my eyes on the foreign object. And for row my eyebrows, hesitating to open it.

To waste less time I just brushed it aside and tried to gain the same level of concentration again. But before I could even start my work, I see a paper, in front of me, again.

This time I pick up the paper. As I scan the blank piece I see that on the inner corner it is stained by ink. So I open up the paper.

It was a note.

"Heyyy ;) what's wrong?? Why are you being colder to me today, is it because of the prank? I'm sorryyyyyy~~ please talk to me! My day always lightens up when you speak to me <3"

What? What the hell is this? I stare at the note and give a weirded out face. And lift my head to look around the classroom to see who could have possibly given me a note like this.

As I look from left to right, my eyes meet with kuroo. He was already looking at me. I started at him for a bit. I'm sure it was him. Hmm I sigh only enough for me to hear. Why can't he be serious for once in His life.

He gives me a small kind smile. Which snaps me out of my thoughts. I turn back to my desk and scrunch the paper into a ball.

"Miss can I please throw away some rubbish?" I ask as I raise my hand.

"Of course y/n" she says not sparing a glance.

As I get up I take a quick glance in kuroo's direction. He looks kind of upset? He looked down at his work and started writing.

I quickly got back to my seat and carried on my work. After his little shenanigan we didn't interact for the rest of the lesson.  Even though I got a lot of work done, what I did kept popping up into my head. Was what I did right? Did I go too far?. And with that I kept getting disturbed with my own thoughts.

*RINGGGGGG*

Finally the bell rang. This lesson was taking so long I need fresh air. As I stretch my arms out and yawn. I feel a shadow loom over me. I look up.

"Hurryyyyyy y/nnnn I'm hungry~~~~" Sakura complains as she shakes my shoulder.

"Since when did you get tall" I giggle as I pick up the pace packing my bag.

"Stfu." She glares.

I burst out laughing. Her attitude is so funny it always lightens my mood. As I was laughing, From the corner of my eye, I saw kuroo looking at me with a blank stare.  To avoid the atmosphere I held sakura as hand and we both walked out quickly.

"Woahhhhhhh y/n slow down since when did you start to get that fast" she teases half serious.

"Hehaha I gues I got tired of your nagging" I shrug as I walk ahead.

But before I could take a step further I feel her grab my hand from behind.

"What's wrong y/n?" She asks, her tone telling me that she's not joking around.

I pause. I guess I'm going have to explain.