My fingers fumbled in my purse for a moment until I pulled out my keys and stopped at the front door. "Are you still hungry?.. O-Or thirsty?" I unlock the door and look up at her. She watched me before nodding, "Water is good, shorty." Her hands looked large around the door knob as she closed the door behind us. I nod my head quickly and bend over to pop my sneakers off, "O-Okay." I could feel her eyes burning holes in me as I rushed to the kitchen to get her a cup of water.

"S-So!-" I start pouring water in her cup as she follows me to the kitchen, "What would you like to do?" I smile at her as I hand her the cup. She took it and watched me carefully as she took a long sip, filling the room with silence. I nervously fumble with my fingers and watch as she moves the cup from her lips, "You smoke?" My eyes widen as I quickly shake my head, "N-No.. How about a movie instead?" I try to avoid it and she hums softly as she nods. She looks away towards the living room and I let out a silent scream as my nerves made me want to curl up and hide in a little hole.

"You so quiet.. You nervous." It wasn't a question as she turned her eyes back on me, making me quickly straighten up. I shake my head, "N-No I'm not. See? I'm fine!" I give her a big smile and she hums softly before walking out the kitchen. I follow quickly behind her like a stupid puppy, "Go sit on the couch and pick a movie.. I gotta use the bathroom." She nodded towards the couch before ducking out the room without another word.

I felt this was her house and not mines from how she acted so relaxed and chill. I grabbed the remote and a blanket before turning on the tv but it was for nothing as my mind wandered over this situation.

"I just met some random girl at a corner store, took her home, and she is using my bathroom... Is this how most people make friends?" I pout as I suck my bottom lip into my mouth, "She's also bossy and really tall.. tells me what to do.. and eats like a piggy." I huff softy as I flick through all the movies before stopping on Mulan. "Is this too baby-ish?.. I'm so lame.." I mumble and brunch my knees to my chest as I scroll past the family movies.

"I'm back shorty." I jump as her voice surprised me from the doorway. She sends me a confused look, "You thought I wasn't gonna come back?" I shake my head quickly as I scoot over, "N-No! You were just very quiet.." she hums softly before flopping on the couch next to me, making herself more than comfy as her arm went around my shoulders, "What we watching?" I did my best to look ahead as I felt her eyes land on my face.

My heart was racing at a million miles per hour as I nervously flicked through the movies, "U-Um I was still looking." I speak up and she hums softly before looking at the screen, "C-Can I ask you a question?" I look to her and bite my lip as our eyes connect, "W-What's your name?" My fingers nervously pulled at my shirt and I watched as the corners of her lips pulled up, "Gianna.. But you can call me anything." I nod my head slowly and she watches me carefully, "You invited me over and ain't even know my name?.. You're not from New York." She chuckles softly and shakes her head.

My brows furrowed as embarrassment made my cheeks burn. Sure it was a stupid move and I didn't think things through but I don't think she's gonna hurt or anything.

I eye her up and down as she did the same to me. "You ain't gone kill me or nothing, shorty?"  She'd eyes narrowed and I couldn't help the giggle that left my lips, "No I'm not gonna kill you! I don't think I have the heart for that." I smile and she chuckles softly, her voice deep but smooth.

Like a red wine.

"How come you wanna be my friend?" I gently scoot closer as my eyes looked up at her. I could have sworn her cheeks slightly warmed before as she looked away, "Because I think you're a nice person.." She mumbled softy and I felt a smile almost rip my face in half, "Thats so sweet!" I move my hand on hers and watch her eyes widen slightly. I pull my hand back, "I-I mean that's pretty cool.. I think the same for you." I cooly correct myself and bite my lip to hide my faint smile.

"So now that we are friends.." I start and she looks at me, "We can pick a movie?" She asks and I shake my head, "Nope. We can learn about each other like in the movies." I smile and she raises an eyebrow, "What do you wanna know?" My tummy twisted nervously as my mind began to gather a billion questions.

"What's your favorite color?"
"Red."

"Favorite Food?"
"Chinese."

"Favorite Sport?"
"Basketball."

I didn't realize time began to fly by as more and more questions flew from my mouth. What surprised me most is that she didn't even seem bothered by it. Her face remained neutral as she answered my questions calmly, only once or twice her face twisted and that was when I asked her least favorite things.

"What about your favorite do-" "Listen shorty, I gotta go." She cuts me off and I felt a pout fall onto my lips, "But why?" She stood up slowly and let out a groan as she stretched out her back, "Because I wanna get home before it's too dark out." Guilt tugged at my tummy as I watched her walk to the front door.

Your first friend and the only thing you do is talk her ear off with a million questions! You scared her off!

I get up and quickly follow behind her, "I-It was nice hanging out with you." I give her a small smile as she turns around , "Same here, short cake.. It was interesting." She calmly grabbed her coat and began sticking her arms through. My cheeks felt warm as I watched her before her eyes caught mine, making me run towards the door.

She stood before me and I could help my fast beating heart as her eyes watched me carefully. My stomach felt gnarly and wild as I looked to my hands, "I-I just wanted to say that I'm learning to be more open.." I start off and watch her eyes widen slightly,  "So thank you for being patient with me.." I give her a small smile and watch her step out the door.

  She looks at me for a moment, her eyes calculating and calm. A small smile grew on her lips, "Weirdo." She chuckles softly and reaches into her pocket, "Here's my number. Text me whenever." I take it from her gently and look down at the card, "Thank you.." I pause as I look up to an empty doorway.

——
AUTHORS NOTE:

WE MADE IT TO 400K Reads!!!

It's literally double than Angel dust and it's crazy because I thought nobody would like this and it's literally blowing my tiny brain right now!!!

Thank y'all so much for the support 🥺❤️

And how did y'all feel about this chapter and our new character? 👀👀