28

The car came to a quick stop in front of a busy store. The words were faded out from wear and tear but there were still plenty of people inside, grabbing food and drinks. I clicked my seatbelt off quickly and reached for the door only to be stopped by a hand on my thigh, "Lemme open the door." Dion frowned and I sat back down, kissing my head as I watched him walk out.

He fit into the aesthetic of the city so perfectly. Black sweatsuit and bubble coat with a thick black beanie to match. His chain sparkled around his neck as he adjusted it. Even the rings on his fingers were flashy and bold. As if his outfit wasn't enough, his attitude could make any girl melt. He held himself with pride, puffed chest and a confident gleam in his dark brown eyes as he looked around the area. His fingers clenched and unclenches before he finally looked at me, turning my insides to goo.

He opened the door slowly and I quickly made my way out, keeping my eyes from looking into his as I let him take my hand into his own. He pulled me into his chest as he closed the door and locked the car, "You good?" His hand moved to my lower back, making my knees weak. I could only stupidly nod my head as I looked up at him.

He is too fine for his own good.

"We can get food in here but it's crowded.. You good with that?" He nods towards the open doors and I frown lightly. It looked so crowded and busy inside. I could feel my lip curl in disgust as I imagined all the germs and diseases in the one little shop. I look to Dion who watched me carefully. I sigh softly before nodding, "Yeah.. I think I can do it." I give him a small smile and I could tell he was still weary, "Lemme know if it's too much.. I'm not forcing you to do this." He speaks slowly and I nod my head, "I know, babe.. Now let's get some fries!" I give him a big smile and he chuckles softly before leading me into the shop.

I held my breath every time we passed someone as I pressed myself into Dion's coat. He stopped in the line and pulls me to his front, letting me bury my face in his shirt, "You good?" I nod my head slowly and peek up at him, "Just.. stinky.." I mumble and he frowns, "It smell jumpin' in here. They got cheesesteaks, fries, hoagies, pizza.. And the food look good as shit." He eyes the food through the glass and licks his lips slowly, "I'm gettin one of them cheesesteaks." I peek over and eye the food, my vision instantly stopping on the big bucket of fries.

"I want fries and.." I finally peek at the menus and narrow my eyes, "A lemonade." Dion hums softly, "Okay but don't go lookin at my food when you finish yours.. You always tryna snatch a piece of my plate." I giggle softly and wrap my arms around his waist, "Because you always order good food.. I just want a lil piece to try it." He laughs as he pulls me closer, "Nah you be tearin up my plates.. That's why I get doubles." I laugh and let him lead me to the front counter.

"Aight." The lady behind the counter says and looks to Dion as he pulled me closer, "I want a large cheesesteak and a small one of them jawns too." He points to the fries, "then lemme get a large one too for her... For the drinks I want.." He looked up at the menu as he ordered and I couldn't help but step back further into Dion as the woman behind the desk eyed me carefully. Looking me up and down with a nasty look before looking back to Dion, "Ard.. Y'all together?" She said it nonchalantly but I could tell she was serious by the look she gave me. "Yeah. I want a lemonade and then get me one of them cokes." Dion didn't skip a beat as he pointed to the fridge of soda cans.

She nods her head and taps the screen a few times before stepping back to the fridge, "Can she fight?" The woman asks and I cock my head to the side, "Excuse me?" My brows furrowed as I peep what the girl just said. She doesn't miss a beat, "Can you fight.. U gone fight for him?" I take a small step closer, "Why?.. U tryna get beat up?" She looks me up and down, "Ain't nobody scared of you." I raise my brows, "And I don't give a fuck.. Now what you need to do is worry about getting my food and not my man." She looked taken aback for a moment, "You hype as shit like I don't gotta do shit for you." She cocked her head to the side and I did the same, "I'm waiting.. Go head and get my food. Serve me." She rolled her eyes hard before grabbing our fresh food and bagging it before tossing the food messily on the counter, "Ya total is 17.50.. if u can pay for it." I scoff and take out my card, "I got enough money to pay ya rent three times and still throw a twenty in ya face.. bye." I scan my card and grab the food before shoving it into Dion's hands who looked at me wide eyed.