22

Dion pov:

Who the fuck does he think he is? Talking to my girl and making her cry like that? Shit. He lucky I didn't beat his ass the second I saw his punk ass face peek around the corner.

I would have been got rid of his ass but his uncle is a large investor and the company would suffer if we lost him. I worked my ass off to make this shit work and it's gone be a cold day in hell before I let some blue eyed balding son of a bitch ruin what I created.

Nah fuck that. He's lucky Jocelyn was there and already upset. She beat herself up just at the thought of me being upset at her and at the shit he said. Last thing I need her to see is me pissed and beating his ass. I'd grab that bitch by his color and hang him outside the window. Watch him beg for mercy while I spit in his face and banged his dangling body against the glass until he begins to sl-

"Dion?" A soft voice called from the doorway.

I look over my shoulder at Jocelyn, her bruises still dark on her brown skin. My chest tightened at the thought of her state earlier. Her eyes looked wild and unfocused as her hair messily covered her face and stuck to her tear stains.

"Dion?" She calls again and I shake my head, "My bad.. My mind is crazy right now.." I sigh softly and she looks down, "Because of me?.. I'm sorry.." she mumbles softly and I frown, "No. Because of that asshole thinks he can say anything he wants to you." I turn around back to face the mirror, "Why didn't you call me?" Her eyes connected to mine through the glass.

Pain. Fear. Hesitance.

It's what reflected in her brown orbs as she looked away from my eyes and to her hands that played with my shirt, "I dunno.. I thought I was fine." She mumbles softly, her nose scrunching as she sniffled. Her eyes turned glassy but she didn't shed a tear as she looked back up at me, "I-I'm used to it." I sigh softly and run a hand down my face.

"Jocelyn." I keep my tone stern as I turn to fully face her, "He doesn't know a single thing about you. He only met you twice." I hold up two fingers, "His opinion on you doesn't mean shit. Never did and never will." She opened her mouth to speak but stopped. Her head nodded slowly, "Okay." I frown deeply, "What were you about to say?" She shakes her head and waves it off, "Nothing.. Just gonna agree." She took a small step back, "Let's go watch the movie, please." She moves towards the door but I stop her.

"What are you not telling me?" Her eyes seemed panicked for a second before they flashed back to calm, "Nothing I'm fine." She turns back to the door, "Now let's j-" "No. tell me." I gently grab her arm and she flinches, her eyes growing wide as she gripped my wrist. I pause, "Jocelyn.. I'm not going to hurt you.. I just want to help." Her hand hesitantly gripped my wrist tighter, "Jason is.. m-my ex.." My eyes widened, "Who.. hurt you?" She nodded her head slowly.

Pain filled her features as her hand dropped from my wrist, "H-He hurt me in the bathroom again.. Called me a whore and stole my underwear.." Each word that left her lips stabbed my chest deeper and deeper as tears began to spill down her cheeks, "He said whores don't wear underwear. Women do." Disgust morphed her face as her eyes moved to the mirror, "And he's right.. I'm just a whore."

Never in my life had I seen a person so broken.

This personality she showed me had me convinced she was okay. The smiles and laughs were nothing but a distraction of what was really going on in her mind. That every negative word spoken to her deeper into her soul and created a persona for herself that didn't exist but she convinced herself that did.

Even now in front of me as she looked in the mirror I could see the hatred she held for herself as the once smiling girl I knew turned into a dark husk. Her eyes were a void to get lost in as her hands fisted at her sides, "Whore." She spit at herself, her eyes locking onto her own. The venom in her voice made me sick to my stomach as she only began to sink deeper and deeper into her own dark and twisted thoughts.

"Jocelyn." I call softly. She was unresponsive. Completely in her own headspace and thoughts. I slowly reach out and grab her hand, squeezing it in mine, "Jocelyn.. I need you to look at me." Her fingers twitched but her eyes stayed staring ahead. I slowly step closer, feeling her hand flinch back. I freeze and wait for her hand to stop moving before moving between her and the mirror.

Her eyes stayed locked ahead as her hands began to clench and unclench, her breathing becoming harsh as she backed up, "Bad! Bad! Bad!" Her hands began to hit at her head, banging harder and harder until I grabbed her hands and held them into my chest. Her foot began stomping at the floor as she started to breath harder, "Let me go! Let me go!" Her eyes were wild as she looked up at me.

Sirens screamed in my mind as i tried to find something to calm her down. "Jocelyn!" I called her name but it was useless as her eyes stayed frightful and panicked. She looked like a dear in headlights as tears raced down her cheeks, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Jason plea-" I yanked her into my chest and held her arms down at her side. Her feet stomped wildly until she began to grow tired.

I stood silently and waited for her to calm down. Her body slowly became limp, "Jocelyn?" I lean back and gasp softly at her sleeping state.

What was that?

I gently pick her up and carry her to the bed. Her hands gripped onto my shirt as she stuffed her face into my neck. I place her down slowly and look at her face.

She looked so calm.

Just seconds before I had seen such a broken side of her that I didn't even know existed and now she laid in my bed, calm and quiet. I could only imagine the things that she went through in that relationship.

It's only right he get treated the same.