You Were Scared and You were Beautiful

The house is quite when I get back which should mean Claire is still in the basement, and Lauren is upstairs asleep. I make two trips from the car to the kitchen to get all the grocery's in and a third one to get the new room decor upstairs.

I quickly hide those bags in the guest room that's down the hall from mine and Lauren's.
Once I'm done I quietly walk down the hall to our bedroom and peak inside, smiling as I see her sleeping.

Turning around I make my way back down the hall and to the stairs. It's already been a few hours since Claire's been here and I really need to see how she's doing.

I grab a bottle of water as I pass through the kitchen and head into the basement.

She's still were I left her, looking scared and so beautiful.
"I'm working on a surprise for you." I'm Speaking quietly so I don't startle her but she flinches anyways.
"I also brought you some water, I would have been down sooner but I had to run to the store."
She watches my movements as I walk over, standing in front of her.
"See," I hold the bottle of water up.
"And don't worry, I haven't done anything to it." Developing trust is key... or something like that.

I uncap it and hold the bottle towards her, I left her free enough to be able to hold the bottle and drink it without help.
She just looks unsure and hesitant, like she doesn't know if she should or shouldn't.
"It's okay."
I'm sure I can handle her if she try's something, but I don't think she has it in her. She's so shaky and not fully present still.

I slowly move forward and unchain her, and I swear she holds her breath the entire time I'm doing it, standing completely still like she's frozen.
Once she's free there's a pause, a second of us just looking at one another before she collapses. I catch her and lower us to the floor, moving around until I'm holding her in my lap.

It's familiar but different, less shocked and unattached and more... defeated, more of an acceptance of the reality she's found herself in.

Silently I grab the bottle of water and hand it to her for a second time.
This time she actually grabs it and drinks almost half of it in one go.
"What's your favorite food?"
"...Spaghetti."
I hold her a little tighter.
"Perfect."

When we were young, we used to get so close to it
And you were scared and you were beautiful
I wanna peer over the edge and see in death
If we are always the same

Oh, I fear that no life will ever be like this again
'Cause your love kept me alive and it made me insane, oh, yeah

"I love your voice."
"Thank you." I stop what I'm doing and give my full attention to Lauren.
"Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt."
"You're not interrupting. I love having my number one fan around."
And there's her beautiful smile that can make me feel so much without even trying.
"Maybe one day I'll finally have the patience to learn how to play."
"Come here."

Lauren's-POV

I walk on over and sit down on the piano bench. It's been awhile since I've been able to see her play or hear her sing.
"I don't know about giving lessons, but if you really wanted I could try."
Watching her fingers effortlessly move across the keys, I don't think I have it in me to learn how at the moment.
"I'd rather watch and listen for now."

"I love you."
"I love you too."

                                  —

There were moments when it seemed okay
(But I go back alone)
Whether you go or whether you stay
(I go back alone)
There was a time when the music would play
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh

Oh, baby, every morning there are mountains to climb
Taking all my time
Oh, when I get up, this is what I see
Welcome to reality
Oh, baby, every morning there are mountains to climb
Taking all my time
Oh, when I get up, this is what I see
Welcome to reality

I get slightly disappointed when she stops to look at me. I was actually loving the song, though I'm not sure what song it is.
"Your supposed to be watching me play, not starring at me with that look."

"What look?"
"Like you're so in love."
"I mean, I might be..."

Note Time
Aye! this update only took a few days.
How are you guys doing?

Okay so I'm going to post a new fic... it's a Camila/camren fic so keep an eye out for that.
The first chapter will be a introduction so you understand what it's about (still not 100% sure if I should do it or not) and let me know if you give a fuck. 🙃🖤